My portable Level 2 Schneider Electric.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tszukow

Hello, here my Level 2 EVSE mounted on stainless plate with 1/4 in protectors. I use it at work and in my garage and works great.
Tip-Schneider Electric has cheap and delicate cable holders -easy to pull and break. Stainless plate keep both cables strong by using clamps. Plug is only 12$ and cable can get in any industrial store. I have 8AWG, but such a short power cable 10AWG should works as good 30A (however not OK wit electrical code)
http://imgur.com/NNeT6CF,JhNNSax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2 pictures)

Be careful in wet weather if this is the "indoor" version of the EVSE. Nice design and nice construction.

tszukow said:
Hello, here my Level 2 EVSE mounted on stainless plate with 1/4 in protectors. I use it at work and in my garage and works great.
Tip-Schneider Electric has cheap and delicate cable holders -easy to pull and break. Stainless plate keep both cables strong by using clamps. Plug is only 12$ and cable can get in any industrial store. I have 8AWG, but such a short power cable 10AWG should works as good 30A (however not OK wit electrical code)
http://imgur.com/NNeT6CF,JhNNSax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2 pictures)

Yes, I aware-there is nothing really inside -just regular 2 pole contactor and low voltage board. It's outrageous what is the rip off selling this for 700$ with parts inside worth no more then 50$. Perhaps the most expensive is cord and J1772 plug itself.
I'm industrial automation engineer, and seeing 572V equipment in some poultry plants almost submersed in the water -I'm sure there is no any risk with this simple unit. I use it indoor, but if any need outside -just cover with plastic bag.

Nice job! I have the same unit, bought from Home Depot for $599.00 w/free shipping. Agreed that it's way overpriced for what's inside and the way it's made. When I received mine, my new garage was still a couple of weeks from completion, so I fastened the unit to a stand of sorts and fed it with a pigtail that plugged into the receptacle for my old welder. If I had to use it outside, I thought I'd try placing a 5-gallon bucket over it, but never tried it to see if it'd fit.

Back