Missing part?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mogur said:
The battery is sealed so I suspect not...

evnow said:
That looks like right below the bottom level of the battery. May be they want that air to go out that way ?
I'm talking about the airflow at bottom of the sealed battery pack that carries away the heat.

I also noticed the slit when I installing my back plate. I did not give it much thought but figured it was for cabin or other airflow.

I do have a bit of left-over light-weight expanded aluminum grating left over from my motorcycle radiator guards.. Wonder if I could get some to fit up in there without too big of a headache..

I don't have my leaf yet, but that has got to be a mistake. Actually, I'm not sure which is worse; a piece missing (poor assembly and QA) or it being designed that way.

Hopefully, more can confirm with photos.

evnow said:
mogur said:
The battery is sealed so I suspect not...

evnow said:
That looks like right below the bottom level of the battery. May be they want that air to go out that way ?
I'm talking about the airflow at bottom of the sealed battery pack that carries away the heat.

I'd agree that the open slot is for airflow purposes. The cavity appears to be a designed and finished area with a wiring harness and two vent ports with filter paper caps, (Rectangle shaped). It does look like an unfinished area without a fitted cover piece, but leaving it open would make sense for access and airflow.
http://img855.imageshack.us/i/photosvj.jpg/

I still wonder about this and just came across this image. Is this a photoshop or pre production car....

2011-nissan-leaf

IBELEAF said:
I still wonder about this and just came across this image. Is this a photoshop or pre production car....

2011-nissan-leaf

How interesting...
But I am certain that the only way to confirm is to ask some folks on the UK Leaf forum for a visual check.

That is the best way. If there is an orderable part from the UK Leaf, we could easily source it.

After checking some of the recent cars we have had come in there is a small black plastic cover on those. I would be curious to find out what the production number is on cars that have them vs cars that don't.

Stroked02F350 said:
After checking some of the recent cars we have had come in there is a small black plastic cover on those. I would be curious to find out what the production number is on cars that have them vs cars that don't.
VIN#5017 doesn't have a plastic cover there, as a data point.

Stroked02F350 said:

Could you send some photos? That would definitely help!

Back