lost Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernie82

I went to the Sacramento meeting this Saturday and parked my Leaf at a parking facility about 5 or 6 blocked from the restaurant. I recorded the address on my hand held Garmin and walked to the restaurant. When I left the restaurant I started feeling sick as I walked to the location recorded on the GPS but it wasn't the right location. I walk around checking other parking garages for while and then really got sick and took a cab home. I was out of it with a stomach flu on Sunday and Monday and went back today to try and locate the car. No luck. I was wondering if Leaf Scan could help. I don't remember if I ever enrolled in it. Every time I turn on the Leaf I get that Leaf scan question. Would I get that question if I was enrolled?
I filed a police report for a stolen vehicle and reported it as stolen to my insurance company. The police told me if it was still in a garage it would eventually be towed to a police impound lot and I would be notified.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wow, tough to imagine is was stolen, as the bad guys won't be up to speed on how to "hot wire" an EV.

Also, there's not a lot of value in them as a parts machine, since every car sold is still under warranty.

I'll bet your illness might be why you can't find your car.

You must mean CarWings rather than LEAFSCAN™.

You should be able to log in to CarWings and at least see if your car is responding and what it's charge is. Unfortunately you cannot use CarWings to locate your car, which is sad, as Nissan does have the GPS coordinates. Maybe a court order from the Police could get Nissan to release the location?

It would be very difficult to steal a Leaf, at least not without a tow truck.

I agree with Tony, you were probably not feeling well and simply don't remember. I think once you feel a little better, you should walk around with the fob, pressing the panic button.

It's possible to boost the power of the fob to vastly increase it's range using a linear amplifier. Then the limit for location would be how far you can hear the horn. It's not a simple process to boost the range, however.

-Phil

Oh wow ! :( Sorry to hear that Bernie ! I will be in the area around mid-day tomorrow. If you would like some assistance locating your LEAF ... let me know via PM.

Nothing yet, Jeremy. Thanks for asking. The flu hit me like a truck as soon as I left the meeting. I'm finally over it and I'm going downtown tomorrow to check out every garage within 6 blocks of the Pyramid restaurant. I went to the Leaf dealer in Elk Grove to find out if Leaf scan could locate the car and they told me it couldn't. They also mentioned that Nissan is giving 10 free car rentals with every 2012 Leaf they sell.

Leaf found! I found the Leaf last Saturday morning parked where I left it in a parking Garage on J street. Jeremy drove out from Folsom to help me find it and we met in front of the Pyramid but when he got there I had already found it. What a guy!

Back