Leaf sales remain low. Nissan ads missing the target ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would depend entirely on what the price point and particulars were... If it's ten+ grand more and offers no significantimprovement in range or performance, it is a no-starter for me...

kovalb said:
Train said:
Replace that frumpy body with something that says, this EV kicks ass and looks the part.
Would the Infiniti LE (Luxury Electric) concept do it for you? I think it pretty much fits the description of what you are looking for.

TomT said:
It would depend entirely on what the price point and particulars were... If it's ten+ grand more and offers no significantimprovement in range or performance, it is a no-starter for me...
The BMW i3 (a 4 seater) in late 2013 or early 2014 will likely be about 10K more than LEAF, with only slightly better range. BMW seems to think there is a market here. However, BMW will offer an ICE extender as an option (more $)... for people that need more range.

Until much more is known about the i3 and it becomes a real product, I consider it to be beyond reasonable discussion. But, assuming the rumors are correct, it would not be on my list. I simply am not willing to pay that much for a 100 mile (at best) car...

grommet said:
TomT said:
It would depend entirely on what the price point and particulars were... If it's ten+ grand more and offers no significant improvement in range or performance, it is a no-starter for me...
The BMW i3 (a 4 seater) in late 2013 or early 2014 will likely be about 10K more than LEAF, with only slightly better range. BMW seems to think there is a market here. However, BMW will offer an ICE extender as an option (more $)... for people that need more range.

We are identifying the targets that the ads will aim for.

A woman never having to visit a grimy gas station late at night would make a powerful ad, perhaps too negative.

Herm said:

A woman never having to visit a grimy gas station late at night would make a powerful ad, perhaps too negative.
... Compared to a BEV owner staring at a broken Yazaki QC handle, late at night, and contemplating the 2-hour L2 charge needed to get home instead? Late-night refueling isn't the strong suit of EV's, unless we think all public charging wil be in well-lit, secure locations. And late at night is the one time that the time delta between gas fill-up and QC even bothers me...

Herm said:

For women owners, yes, i agree,
For my wife a selling point of the Leaf is what she perceives as the simplicity and cleanliness: No tank of gasoline. No "dirty and smelly" fill-ups. No oil and oil changes. No spots of oil on the ground. No hot exhausts, or smelly fumes coming out especially when the car is first started in the garage. No engine coolant that needs checking, or radiator that may blow a leak, or thermostat that may go out (again).
These may not be big deals to us, but to her she loves not having to deal with it, or worry about having to deal with it, and are things she is willing to pay extra for. Other cars, even those far more expensive, don't offer this. Plugging OUR charger into the car at night is considered more on a par with charging her Blackberry. If she ever uses a public charger, it'll be the one they are installing at her office in La Jolla/UTC, but that'll only be when she's planning on after-work trips south of downtown.

Women buy 60 percent of all new cars in the U.S. Regarding the purchase of an automobile, women make the buying decision, either solely or jointly, 80 percent of the time.

Quality is consistently considered the number one factor in automobile purchases.

Chieftan68 said:
Women buy 60 percent of all new cars in the U.S. Regarding the purchase of an automobile, women make the buying decision, either solely or jointly, 80 percent of the time.

Quality is consistently considered the number one factor in automobile purchases.

you have some cites for those factoids?

Oh, oh. Here we go again. If you are too lazy to google something that will pop up with numerous hits and sites, and you can do ON YOUR OWN TIME, I can't help you.

name-calling is a ploy that doesnt help your argument.

and your factoid is out of date.
this is as close as you can get to what you are saying:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-43141174/women-are-deeply-involved-in-car-buying-so-how-about-respect-from-dealers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

everything else just cites other websites with no links.

thankyouOB said:
name-calling is a ploy that doesnt help your argument.

and your factoid is out of date.

Uh, can you cite that, or site that, or sight that, or..never mind.

BTW, nice Troll. :lol:

To LTLFTcomposite: It might be higher. The point, lost on some, is that what women think and want in an automobile drives the automobile industry--cause they buy the cars.

And another one bites the dust. As I said earlier, trolling gets old.

Moderators note:

thankyouOB and Chieftan68. Chill out and keep it civil - and stop poking each other's buttons.

Back