LEAF accessories Japan Vs US

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GREENEV said:
I really want the OEM Nissan LEAF front and rear parking sensors.
If not, I wonder if there is a really high quality aftermarket parking sensor manufacturer?
Definitely! Audible rear distance sensors would be so nice. The screen is good for parking but I feel much safer having my head turned around when backing up instead of using mirrors/camera. Then of course parallel parking with front sensors would be very nice.

Kataphn said:
Let's see...I'll take the charge port cover and the doily 1/2 seat covers! :lol: Someone could do a business importing these things.

Ok, I have them in stock now.. and up on our site..
http://www.depoteco.com/nissan-leaf-parts/

PM me for a Discount Promo code.. WE have the LED Nissan Logo for the Charge port door, and the Charge port locking cover, Coming soon is the OEM light for the Charge port. And the Blue and White Ringed Fog light kits..

We are working up DIY pictures and install sheets for all of these using our LEAF.

All Forum members get a discount code to help offset the import cost of these parts.. Just send me a PM when your ready to order..

QueenBee said:
GREENEV said:
If not, I wonder if there is a really high quality aftermarket parking sensor manufacturer?
Definitely! Audible rear distance sensors would be so nice. The screen is good for parking but I feel much safer having my head turned around when backing up instead of using mirrors/camera. Then of course parallel parking with front sensors would be very nice.

I am happy to import them for you if you want them.. Send me a PM and ill get the price to your Door.

thew said:
QueenBee said:
GREENEV said:

I am happy to import them for you if you want them.. Send me a PM and ill get the price to your Door.

I'd love to hear more about this project as it advanced.

FYI, The Charge Cover is not designed to keep Water / Snow etc out.. The Charge Port of your LEAF is already Designed to direct water flow way from the Power Sockets and Drain out of the Bottom of the Plastic Tub that encloses the Plug Bay.

The Locking Cover is designed to keep folks from removing your EVSE Handel without first Popping the Release Via the under dash lever. Also the Cover will help keep That Area Dry.. But it does not Fully close off the Charging Bay.
As for Price.. ITS a JDM part so you have to figure into the price the Import Cost, Shipping and the Price for the Part.

padamson1 said:
smkettner said:
I will pay $50 above cost for that charge port cover.
Wow. At first I thought I couldn't accept that much over the cost. I'm thinking that it's maybe $100 part, but there are some folks in UK (see http://wmgparts.co.uk/product/Leaf_Charging_Port_Lid_Cover_Leaf-Charging-Port-Lid-Cover) asking for ~$185. So either Nissan is charging a lot more than I would think for some plastic, or Wellington Motor Group is charging more than a $50 premium.

More importantly if you look closely at the WMG picture and other pictures earlier in this thread, it appears to me that the top of the charging opening is not protected. So water can still run down the hood and into the charging port area, which would obviate my main reason for my buying it. There would still be protection from theft, but I'd like to see the thing in action before I shelled out $150 for it.

I'll see if I can get one, then I'll post some more pictures and a review.

Back