LEAF accessories Japan Vs US

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoSolar

I visited the Nissan showroom in the Ginza district of Tokyo and picked up their 16-page full color "Optional Parts" catalog. Virtually none of the optional items their are available in the US. What do they have?

1. "Blue Coordination" lighting options. Blue-color LED illumination for the front logo, around the fog lights, and for the front license plate holder. Costs range from about $150 for the license plate lighting system to $500 for the fog lamp set.
2. Protector body fenders. Front end protector, Side sill protectors, and rear end protector
3. "Stylish Door Mirror Winker" - seems to be an upgraded turn signal indicator for the external rear view mirrors.
4. Upgraded wheels: About $1200 for set of 4
5. Charging port cover. Keeps hands, snow, etc out while charging. Would be great for any outdoor charging where you have to leave the car unattended.
6. Nissan Lock to lock charger into place while charging. (About $35) Any lock of the right size would work, but its nice to see a Nissan option.
7. Car cover with openable charging port area. Keep car covered and charge at the same time.
8. Charging port light: We've all probably seen the need for this, but at over $200 I don't know....
9. 4 corner parking sensors with remote indicator. (For those tight parking spots)
10. Plastic window visors. Let the air in, but not the rain.P
11. LED bulb replacement parts for interior lights
12. Half-length seat covers.
13. "Multi-Outlet". This is a 100v (for Japan only) outlet for your car.
14. Pet carriers for inside on the seats
15. Pet seat cover

To see the whole catalog, go here: http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/dop.html
It's only in Japanese, but you can see the pictures.

I'll be visiting the LEAF factory on Monday, as well as the Nissan World HQ and gallery. If the dollar weren't in such a tailspin, I'd probably load up with goodies. ($1 = 75 yen)

For a look at the entire NISMO Collection of "Wear & Goods", go here: http://shop.nissan.co.jp/shop/c/c1001/

Wish we had more LEAF products available in the US. What do you think?

GoSolar said:
I visited the Nissan showroom in the Ginza district of Tokyo and picked up their 16-page full color "Optional Parts" catalog. Virtually none of the optional items their are available in the US. What do they have?

1. "Blue Coordination" lighting options. Blue-color LED illumination for the front logo, around the fog lights, and for the front license plate holder. Costs range from about $150 for the license plate lighting system to $500 for the fog lamp set.
2. Protector body fenders. Front end protector, Side sill protectors, and rear end protector
3. "Stylish Door Mirror Winker" - seems to be an upgraded turn signal indicator for the external rear view mirrors.
4. Upgraded wheels: About $1200 for set of 4
5. Charging port cover. Keeps hands, snow, etc out while charging. Would be great for any outdoor charging where you have to leave the car unattended.
6. Nissan Lock to lock charger into place while charging. (About $35) Any lock of the right size would work, but its nice to see a Nissan option.
7. Car cover with openable charging port area. Keep car covered and charge at the same time.
8. Charging port light: We've all probably seen the need for this, but at over $200 I don't know....
9. 4 corner parking sensors with remote indicator. (For those tight parking spots)
10. Plastic window visors. Let the air in, but not the rain.P
11. LED bulb replacement parts for interior lights
12. Half-length seat covers.
13. "Multi-Outlet". This is a 100v (for Japan only) outlet for your car.
15. Pet seat cover

To see the whole catalog, go here: http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/dop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's only in Japanese, but you can see the pictures.

I'll be visiting the LEAF factory on Monday, as well as the Nissan World HQ and gallery. If the dollar weren't in such a tailspin, I'd probably load up with goodies. ($1 = 75 yen)

For a look at the entire NISMO Collection of "Wear & Goods", go here: http://shop.nissan.co.jp/shop/c/c1001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wish we had more LEAF products available in the US. What do you think?

Very cool stuff :)

For those who can't read Japanese, like myself, let google translate by using the link below:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/dop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's see...I'll take the charge port cover and the doily 1/2 seat covers! :lol: Someone could do a business importing these things.

Can you post up pics of:

15. Pet seat cover

I can't see it in the weblinks provided.

Thanks!

Kataphn said:
Let's see...I'll take the charge port cover and the doily 1/2 seat covers! :lol: Someone could do a business importing these things.

Yes, I like the charge port cover. I don't see how it locks on.

dop_th_06.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
Yes, I like the charge port cover. I don't see how it locks on.

dop_th_06.jpg

On leaftalk.co.uk they say that the bottom clamps on where the lid typically claps, and then you can close the lid on this cover and its closed. Then to open it, you "pop" the port cover like you normally would. So in essence, it secures the charger.

Only downside they say, is that it will not work with an L3 charger since there is only a slit for the cable on the right. Don't see why you couldn't dremel out a similar slit on the left... you know, for all those L3 charging stations out there ;)

EricBayArea said:
Only downside they say, is that it will not work with an L3 charger since there is only a slit for the cable on the right. Don't see why you couldn't dremel out a similar slit on the left... you know, for all those L3 charging stations out there ;)

Ok, I just called my dealer, and they don't see one of those in their catalog. We need a part number !!!

And a way to import this.

I doubt that drilling a hole for L3 is a good idea, because it would have to fit around the WHOLE big and clunky handle. Plus, you're only charging for a short period of time, so like a petrol station, you'll be standing there.

TonyWilliams said:
Ok, I just called my dealer, and they don't see one of those in their catalog. We need a part number !!!

And a way to import this.
There are a lot of guys who travel to Japan in my business group. I'll see if I can get somebody to buy a few and bring them back to the US. Our charging stations are unprotected outdoors, I really like protecting the charger from the weather.

smkettner said:
I will pay $50 above cost for that charge port cover.
Wow. At first I thought I couldn't accept that much over the cost. I'm thinking that it's maybe $100 part, but there are some folks in UK (see http://wmgparts.co.uk/product/Leaf_Charging_Port_Lid_Cover_Leaf-Charging-Port-Lid-Cover) asking for ~$185. So either Nissan is charging a lot more than I would think for some plastic, or Wellington Motor Group is charging more than a $50 premium.

More importantly if you look closely at the WMG picture and other pictures earlier in this thread, it appears to me that the top of the charging opening is not protected. So water can still run down the hood and into the charging port area, which would obviate my main reason for my buying it. There would still be protection from theft, but I'd like to see the thing in action before I shelled out $150 for it.

I'll see if I can get one, then I'll post some more pictures and a review.

padamson1 said:
smkettner said:
I will pay $50 above cost for that charge port cover.
Wow. At first I thought I couldn't accept that much over the cost. I'm thinking that it's maybe $100 part, but there are some folks in UK (see http://wmgparts.co.uk/product/Leaf_Charging_Port_Lid_Cover_Leaf-Charging-Port-Lid-Cover) asking for ~$185. So either Nissan is charging a lot more than I would think for some plastic, or Wellington Motor Group is charging more than a $50 premium.

More importantly if you look closely at the WMG picture and other pictures earlier in this thread, it appears to me that the top of the charging opening is not protected. So water can still run down the hood and into the charging port area, which would obviate my main reason for my buying it. There would still be protection from theft, but I'd like to see the thing in action before I shelled out $150 for it.

I'll see if I can get one, then I'll post some more pictures and a review.

I tried buying it but they don't deliver to the US.

What caught my eye is the charge cable holder and the 200V portable charger! So, in the US we have to get our 120V charger hacked to do 240V, but they sell it in Japan to customers? I would have bought a portable 240V charger from Nissan since I'd be certain of no warranty issues. The 3m one is ~$1,000 US.

I would not mine some of the body moldings but not at a $1000 for a pair of them..

DurkaDurka said:
What caught my eye is the charge cable holder and the 200V portable charger! So, in the US we have to get our 120V charger hacked to do 240V, but they sell it in Japan to customers? I would have bought a portable 240V charger from Nissan since I'd be certain of no warranty issues. The 3m one is ~$1,000 US.
FYI, we have upgraded these for Japanese customers. They are 15A 200V units. Unmodified, They will not survive use on 240V here in the US, but you could use one on 208V without problems. Also, there are no warranty issues in any event, as Nissan cannot void your warranty for using our upgraded EVSE.

-Phil

This might be the US answer to illuminating the interior charging port area/chamber.

It is self-adhesive and turns on and off by tapping the module.

http://www.sylvaniaonlinestore.com/c-2-dot-it-lights.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GREENEV said:
This might be the US answer to illuminating the interior charging port area/chamber.

It is self-adhesive and turns on and off by tapping the module.

http://www.sylvaniaonlinestore.com/c-2-dot-it-lights.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've used these things in my house, you have to push pretty hard to turn it on so I think I'd have to use both hands (one to push the light, the other to hold the lid) when I turn it on/off. I think this other Sylvania product which is hands free (from Lowe's) is better, since it's motion activated it usually turns on when I lift the lid.
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

I used the above as suggested by a board member.

As for warranty issues, if your charging stops working, they can claim that it was caused by the modified charger since it was not designed to do 240V. I disagree with that kind of crap, but it's hard to get around it even with the Magnuson-Moss Act.

DurkaDurka said:
As for warranty issues, if your charging stops working, they can claim that it was caused by the modified charger since it was not designed to do 240V. I disagree with that kind of crap, but it's hard to get around it even with the Magnuson-Moss Act.

No one is modifying the charger and the charger is certainly designed to handle 240v. Please don't spread FUD.

I really want the OEM Nissan LEAF front and rear parking sensors.

If not, I wonder if there is a really high quality aftermarket parking sensor manufacturer?

Back