L1 charging time with 6.6KW charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jkirkebo said:
BetaMark said:
davewill said:
Not with the current EVSE

Does that mean that the current L2 EVSE will also need to be upgraded to take advantage of the 6.6KW charger?

Yes.

Yes is not the correct answer. The answer is "it depends". For example the Blink and Schneider Electric EVSEs currently have the capability to support a 6.6kW charger. Not all L2 EVSEs are the same, so if someone has a L2 charger that doesn't support 6.6kW charging, then they would need to upgrade.

Again, it depends on the EVSE.

There is no 6.6kw charger at this time. Even it there was it will likely never do more than 12A at 120V.

BetaMark said:
davewill said:
Not with the current EVSE
Does that mean that the current L2 EVSE will also need to be upgraded to take advantage of the 6.6KW charger?
Most of the L2 EVSEs (AV, Blink, Schneider, SPX) already do 6.6kW. The EVSE upgrade doesn't, and can't be upgraded to do so.

EVDRIVER said:
There is no 6.6kw charger at this time. Even it there was it will likely never do more than 12A at 120V.
Your'e right; guess I jumped the gun on this. I thought there was a news item saying this would be in the 2012 models, but it looks like it will be 2013 at the earliest.

Oh, well... my bad. :oops:

Back