L.E.D Headlight Logevity

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lambtron

I like to drive with my headlights on at all times but cannot seem to find any data on how long The L.E.D headlights can operate without needing replacement. The reason I ask is it seems the replacement bulbs (which are part of the assembly) are about $450 (used) To $1500 new (non dealer).
Anyone blow a light??

Probably longer then you are every likely to own the car. There have been a couple of reports of a headlight failing early on (infant mortality) but nothing now in quite some time.

Lambtron said:
I like to drive with my headlights on at all times but cannot seem to find any data on how long The L.E.D headlights can operate without needing replacement.

Mine is a 2011 that I Bought in April @18.5K. After getting of the thread about throwing LED Codes I'm a little skittish on keeping them on all the time which I prefer to do. The 3/36 warranty is gone at this point and I don't think the CarMax extended covers it.

Install a LED Daytime Running Light kit. You won't have to worry about headlights burning out, or turning the lights on while driving. If the DRL's burn out, they are much cheaper and easier to replace. Many insurance companies also give additional discounts if DRL's are installed on the vehicle.

baustin said:
Install a LED Daytime Running Light kit. You won't have to worry about headlights burning out, or turning the lights on while driving. If the DRL's burn out, they are much cheaper and easier to replace. Many insurance companies also give additional discounts if DRL's are installed on the vehicle.

Another advantage is you're not having to adjust the brightness of the displays which are typically dimmed when regular (non-DRL) headlights are turned on.

Back