Kilmate-timer: AC will not be activated automatically

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgsLEAF

Dear all,

the winter is coming and what I want to do or better what I want to have, ist that i configure the Klimate-Timer in the car for 7.00 (departure) and the car strats automatically the AC of the car, lets say 120 minutes before departure, and when I drive away at 7.00 the car has a well temperature.

I thought this can be easily done with the klimate-timer, but it does not work. When I went to my car in the morning the AC is not running.

Has somebody an idea what I am doing wrong there?

Regards,
Georg

You have to set the climate control up for the settings you want in the morning before you shut off the car. The timer will not turn on the system, it just provides power to it. In the winter, I am going to put it in auto and crank the temp up to 90 just before I turn off the car and plug it in. That way it's good and warm in there for my commute! Another interesting thing to note is that if you program your charge timer to turn off before the climate control timer, and if you program the charger to turn off at 80 percent, your car will charge past 80 percent because the climate control timer also provides power to charger as well. All this info is for the s model. I'm not sure how the sv and sl work.

The car needs to be plugged-in for the climate control timer to work, so far as I can tell. If you have set and saved your timer for the correct departure time, and it is plugged-in, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work unless the set temperature is about the same as the cabin temperature (no need for it to come on).

If you have an SV or SL model you also need to set the days of the week that the climate control timer functions. On the S model I believe that it will go on every day of the week unless you turn the timer off. If the car is plugged-in, of course.

morlglums said:
Will this work if you are only plugged into 120V? (Trickle charge)
The only difference at 120V is that it will probably not provide enough power for the climate control, so some will be drawn from the battery. This is not harmful, but it means you'll start with a less than full charge.

GeorgsLEAF said:
Dear all,

the winter is coming and what I want to do or better what I want to have, ist that i configure the Klimate-Timer in the car for 7.00 (departure) and the car strats automatically the AC of the car, lets say 120 minutes before departure, and when I drive away at 7.00 the car has a well temperature.

I thought this can be easily done with the klimate-timer, but it does not work. When I went to my car in the morning the AC is not running.

Has somebody an idea what I am doing wrong there?

Regards,
Georg

If you want CC to work when it's not plugged in, you have to set a start time in CarWings or a phone app, and it works one time only, you have to reset it every day. Not for the S, of course.

Not plugged in, it will only run on battery for 15 min. , but that's all you need, not 120.

johnrhansen said:
You have to set the climate control up for the settings you want in the morning before you shut off the car. The timer will not turn on the system, it just provides power to it. In the winter, I am going to put it in auto and crank the temp up to 90 just before I turn off the car and plug it in. That way it's good and warm in there for my commute!....

Is this a new feature of the 2013? In my 2012 the settings are default (auto and 77 or 78) and it comes on even when off. Are you saying the 2013 runs whatever settings you have set?

Living in Texas I just want to verify that I can run the A/C through Carwings for 15 minutes without the car being plugged in. Thanks!

SFAJeff said:
Living in Texas I just want to verify that I can run the A/C through Carwings for 15 minutes without the car being plugged in. Thanks!
As long as you have a model (SV/SL) that has Carwings then, yes, you can remotely turn on the CC system if the car is in cellphone range (AT&T network, IIRC).

One unknown is what happens when the older cellphone system that Carwings uses is supplanted by the newer ones. I presume that Carwings access to older LEAFs will just die.

Back