June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beachcliffs said:
cinmar said:
I guess I should contact him to see if I've moved from hold to pending in his system.
Please do so. I think it helps to compare experiences. I know I am interested to hear if others are being told the same thing (or something different). I imagine that other "forgotten" orders would be similarly interested. If you have moved to "pending" on NNANet, I would be curious to know how your PD interprets the change?
Contacted PD, and still on "hold." We'll see if it changes in the next few days -- fingers crossed!

Got a change in account status--open Carwings segment, and a VIN #1597 That might be a good sign!
Still June delivery.
Gregg
White SL+QC

Beachcliffs said:
cinmar said:
I guess I should contact him to see if I've moved from hold to pending in his system.
Please do so. I think it helps to compare experiences. I know I am interested to hear if others are being told the same thing (or something different). I imagine that other "forgotten" orders would be similarly interested. If you have moved to "pending" on NNANet, I would be curious to know how your PD interprets the change?

Was on my way to Europe in the airport, that I found out that my "pending" changed to "June", and I made a not-too-useful attempt to get more information from Jessica at Nissan when airplane was taxiing. Now my Carwing opened this morning with "still" my VIN - 1575 and ETA June. emailed Brendan, however, in his system my car status was June and No VIN yesterday, and changed to Pending and VIN 1575 today again. Cut the trip short to come back to deal with this Nissan BS.

Fishleafer said:
Was on my way to Europe in the airport, that I found out that my "pending" changed to "June",...... Cut the trip short to come back to deal with this Nissan BS.
Wow, you actually cut your Europe trip short to come back just because of this? What can you do about it in the US that you can't do the same while on travel in Europe, by phone or email or online? Well, I guess there's the time difference. But still, it just surprises me to see this level of frustration at Nissan that would prompt someone to change a trip plan because their delivery date gets moved again.

For what it's worth, CS rep called me yesterday to inform me that I now have a VIN (which I had already discovered last week via my Carwings tab). While I had him on the phone, I asked him if the June delivery May(be) sooner, he replied "yes, probably mid-May or sooner". I know, pure speculation, but based on previous deliveries it's possible. Now I guess I should read more about my EVSE options. :? We opted not to agree to the AV quote due to the extremely high install quote (we already had our system upgraded when we installed our EV1 charger back in the day). Waiting for the call from my PD...

Cayenne Red SL
Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Del. June or May(be)
VIN 1265

So "Month of June" group, for those in CA, what do you think the chances are of the full $5k rebates still being available?
I have a feeling we, and some July deliveries, will the the ones bumped due to the cars Nissan is about to deliver to the "Mid-January/February order" customers.
(avoiding the term "line jumpers" as some people took it personally)

Shaun

Dashboard just updated. Went from June to July. :( History:

1) April
2) May (plus informed by CS that I had a specific week-of date and my car made it out before the earthquake)
3) Pending
4) June
5) Now July

Brian said:
Dashboard just updated. Went from June to July. :( History:

1) April
2) May (plus informed by CS that I had a specific week-of date and my car made it out before the earthquake)
3) Pending
4) June
5) Now July
Pending, April, May, Pending, June, and now July. There is no longer any assurance that it won't go to August or later.
I am so frustrated.

jkyu99 said:
Pending, April, May, Pending, June, and now July. There is no longer any assurance that it won't go to August or later.
Ouch. Frustrating when a number of January orders are actually getting their cars.

jkyu99 said:
I am so frustrated that I will go check out some Toyotas. The Volt is too expensive, but a base Prius is doable.
Can't beat the efficiency of the Prius if you have to go with a gas-burner. Am happy with our '08 even though the quirkiness of the drivetrain will make me appreciate the LEAF even more (if it ever gets here!).

Here is the same, ETD changed from April --> May --> Pending --> JUne --> July (on April 16).

There are some updates going in then the other direction. Over this weekend, our delivery has been bumped up from "June" to "week of April 19" (after a very brief stop at April 6). We also just received the "7-day" e-mail this morning. I, of course, will not believe it until I see it.

thankyouOB said:
what is the 7-day email?
Subject line: "Nissan LEAF: Expected delivery"
Message: "Mark, the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer within the next 7 days. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer."

Beachcliffs said:
thankyouOB said:
what is the 7-day email?
Subject line: "Nissan LEAF: Expected delivery"
Message: "Mark, the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer within the next 7 days. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer."

I never got that one.
thanks. :eek:
crosses fingers for both of us.

My dashboard is still at June. My charger installation is scheduled for this week because my original date was April. I wonder what would be the consequences for my free charger if Nissan keeps delaying and I cancel the order in frustration.

Back