Is there any way to change the factory settings for climate control temperature.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbrake

In my manual for my 2017 Leaf it says "As the temperature is set to the factory default setting, the user cannot adjust the temperature." Is there no way around this? If I install Leaf Spy or similar? For whatever reason, I find the default temperature too chilly in winter and it doesn't demist the windows...

What trim level do you have? On earlier gen 1 Leaf S trim, IIRC, there was no way to adjust that auto CC temp. You could only do it on SV and SL trims of model years '13 and newer via nav system. I would doubt they took that away from '17 SV and '17 SL.

'11 and '12 also had no way to adjust it, even though both trims (SV and SL) had nav systems and there was no S trim yet.

The app (and the website recreation of it) both let me set the cabin temp for remote activation on my 2018. I don't remember if the car itself has that ability.

On my '13 Leaf SV, I've never had the ability to set the temp from NissanConnect EV&Services iOS app. I had to change the desired temp from the nav system.

And, as I said, I'm fairly sure that on '11 and '12 (SV and SL) never had the ability to change it, even on the nav system. This is from the '12 nav system manual on page 2-10:
While the charger is connected to
vehicle, this function pre-heats or pre-cools the
passenger compartment of the vehicle to the
factory preset temperature before driving. This
helps reduce power consumption from the Li-ion
battery.
As the temperature is set to the factory default
setting, the user cannot adjust the temperature.
Page 2-14 of the '13 Leaf nav manual shows the screen with the timer / remote - set climate temp setting.

Leftie: I think for you, that's new on '18+ Leafs.

LeftieBiker said:
The app (and the website recreation of it) both let me set the cabin temp for remote activation on my 2018. I don't remember if the car itself has that ability.

You mean LeafSpy or NissanConnect? Because there's no description of a cabin temp adjustment function in the LeafSpy app's description https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro&hl=en_CA&gl=US. Is there any way to verify whether it would be different for a 2017 Leaf?

Also, NissanConnect seems to be something Nissan charges for monthly and/or requires an additional installation of hardware? Is there any way to use at least some of its features free?

drbrake said:
LeftieBiker said:

You mean LeafSpy or NissanConnect? Because there's no description of a cabin temp adjustment function in the LeafSpy app's description https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro&hl=en_CA&gl=US. Is there any way to verify whether it would be different for a 2017 Leaf?

Also, NissanConnect seems to be something Nissan charges for monthly and/or requires an additional installation of hardware? Is there any way to use at least some of its features free?
The paid features were part of the extra functionality made available on gen 2 ('18+ Leafs). For at least the first few years and likely all of '11 to '17 SV and SL, there was none of that extra functionality nor paid features. https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=544248#p544248 sounds right. I had learned of the extra features available for a fee at a Leaf EVent I attended before '18 Leaf was available for sale in the US.

Again, you didn't answer about what trim level you have. The NissanConnect app for phones is useless on S trims as they have no TCU.

To confirm information in earlier posts:
Remote/timer climate control is fixed at 25C or 77F on 2011 and 2012 models (for both heating and cooling). Setpoint temperature can be set through the navigation menu system on 2013 through 2017 and through the vehicle menus on display in front of steering wheel on 2018 and later. The setpoint can be changed through the EV Connect application on 2018 and later (no additional fees are required for this function).

I don't have a navigation system on my 2017 Leaf alas - I have the basic trim model. Any way to get around that?

drbrake said:
I don't have a navigation system on my 2017 Leaf alas - I have the basic trim model. Any way to get around that?

Not that I know of. The timer and remote temperature set point is programmed through the navigation system menus on 2013 through 2017 and your 2017 S does not have the navigation system.

Back