Is Carwings glitchy for you?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have noticed that if my cell phone is on the home WiFi then Carwings response is somewhat faster... so if Nissan built the ability for the car to also use WiFi when home and docked to its EVSE... that would make Carwings much zippier. I have never had it take anywhere near 5 minutes unless it flat out fails.

I have actually found Carwings to be LESS reliable in recent months than when I bought the car in in Sept/2012.

I use LEAF Link on the iphone because the nissan app sucked; last time I used it the password was constantly forgotten and it was outrageously annoying.

I can check battery capacity most of the time but it takes often a couple of minutes, whether I'm on wi-fi or not. I am 99% sure my cell phone is immaterial; it's the cell connection of the car and/or carwings servers. Sometimes my failure rate on checking capacity will be at least half the time over a several hour period.

Most annoying is when I am about to leave work and kick off climate but it just times out and I get into a cold car.

There's no good reason that the cell connection of the car is so weak. It's transmitting virtually no data at all; it should be incredibly reliable. But it's not. Disappointing.

On the same topic of Carwings; it you choose to continue participating in the daily logs of miles/kWh how many days behind are your seeing on line?

It seems to go through times where it's only a day or so behind and now it's a week behind with no data --- is this a regional thing or more widespread?

12-12-2013%202-35-44%20PM.jpg

redLEAF said:
On the same topic of Carwings; it you choose to continue participating in the daily logs of miles/kWh how many days behind are your seeing on line?

It seems to go through times where it's only a day or so behind and now it's a week behind with no data --- is this a regional thing or more widespread?

12-12-2013%202-35-44%20PM.jpg

Looks like others are experiencing the same thing ...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15017

Carwings is misbehaving again this week for me. Took three times to succeed this morning. I've noticed that if I schedule a climate timer via the app for right around 7 am, it often fails; imagine that they are still short of server capacity for peak traffic.

zowland said:
Carwings is misbehaving again this week for me. Took three times to succeed this morning. I've noticed that if I schedule a climate timer via the app for right around 7 am, it often fails; imagine that they are still short of server capacity for peak traffic.

Me too. Took a couple of tries to login yesterday, but all was OK once I got that far. Today I was able to login without issue, but it took a couple of tries to turn CC on and a couple of tries to turn it off.

No charging notifications since Sunday for me... The Nissan Leaf Owners website portal comes up with no data when I click on Carwings... Nissan is definitely having some issues!

I seem to be having problems logging in to the app at 5pm each night now that the weather has gotten cold. Perhaps they need to add a little more processing power to their server?

I too cannot login between 4:30 - 5:30. Works fine when I go to lunch, but when I want to warm the car before I go home, it won't login. My phone and car are both in the same place that worked fine at 11:30 but it will not work at 5:00. VERY FRUSTRATING

I had success going through the website but it took probably 3+ minutes to log in. I'd guess the phone app tried but timed out / gave up.

Only had Leaf for a few days and carwings was reporting efficiency below the dash report... Not sure what is going on with it...

Appears to be working again; thought I was having other issues yesterday until I checked the forum … cold weather really effecting my range but thats expected, we've got two days in the 50's coming (tomorrow and Sunday) so should be back up to more reasonable miles/kWh at least in time for holiday shopping

EDIT: stand corrected -- the web version using a browser appears to be working fine but the app via my iPhone can't connect so perhaps they're still working on it

Back