Is Carwings glitchy for you?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TaylorSFGuy said:
Getting multiple failure to connect messages. Can't tell if data has uploaded etc. Would someone mind telling me how to "reset" the system by pulling a fuse or any other technique that avoids a trip to the dealer?

I've been through turtle twice and I mean through it to a dead stop. On my map, the location where it came to rest is now a charging point. How stupid is that? I can contemplate the reason it happens but you would think that the system would compensate for those of us that are stupid enough to actually kill the thing - and more than once at that.

A bit of self inflicted humor may go a long way but without accurate instruments (built in GID meter perhaps) in the vehicle it is difficult to tell how close you really are to running out.

Ttweed gave you an answer for the fuse. Since I have also run my car completely dead a couple of times, I found out how to keep it from storing the stopping point as a charging location. When you get towed to a charger you just need to turn the car on (either ON or ACC since you cannot get READY mode) so the navigation system locks on to the location of the EVSE instead of where you stopped. After the navigation system finds the present location, turn off the car and plug in to charge. Also, there is a way to delete individual charge locations through the menu system, but I am not near the car so I cannot go through the steps to explain it.

Gerry

A bit of self inflicted humor may go a long way but without accurate instruments (built in GID meter perhaps) in the vehicle it is difficult to tell how close you really are to running out.

I agree. I think Nissan might be wise to show the number of gids in some remote corner of the dash. But then for someone driving so much as you are, I am surprised you don't have a Gid meter.

The first month of my 70+ mile roundtrip commute was nerve wracking, and there were a few times I pulled out of the highway and drove below speed limits to reach home and there was an occasion or two where I plugged into a charge station about 10 miles from home and waited for 30 minutes or so to get some juice. But since I got the Gid meter, I know exactly how I am driving and I am able to pace my driving accordingly. I now learnt the Gid values I should be at, near several way points and depending on my value being above or below, I pace my driving. And the most important thing is, I am not worried of driving below LBW because I now know precisely how much juice is left in the battery. Now I realize that all those times I was anxious earlier, I actually had enough charge left in my battery to reach home comfortably.

Result: no more range anxiety and my driving time has reduced and nowhere close to getting stranded. I would say a Gid meter is a must for anyone who drives more than 50 miles a day.

Here we go again: "Your request to start climate control for MyLeaf failed."

Just like last year, as soon as it turned cold Carwings fails to activate the remote heating cycle when set to turn on using the climate control timer in the Apple app.

Anyone else just start having trouble with Carwings? Haven't been able to communicate with the car for the past two days :(

The text messages I'm getting back are saying "failed due to weak cell reception". This is at my house where I've NEVER had trouble before and none of my friends who have AT&T are indicating any problems with their cell service (I'm on Sprint). Trying to determine if the problem is locally on my end or if troubles are more widespread. First major problems I've had with Carwings since we leased our SV in June.

zowland said:
Here we go again: "Your request to start climate control for MyLeaf failed."

Just like last year, as soon as it turned cold Carwings fails to activate the remote heating cycle when set to turn on using the climate control timer in the Apple app.

Was like that for me too a couple of days back. Tried twice with the same error. But then I went out to the car and climate was on. :? Haven't tried since.

Me too. Reconnected through the car while on phone with support who reset it on their end and works again. Third or fourth time in a year. Is anybody actually paying for carwings yet?

EngravEER said:
Anyone else just start having trouble with Carwings? Haven't been able to communicate with the car for the past two days :(

The text messages I'm getting back are saying "failed due to weak cell reception". This is at my house where I've NEVER had trouble before and none of my friends who have AT&T are indicating any problems with their cell service (I'm on Sprint). Trying to determine if the problem is locally on my end or if troubles are more widespread. First major problems I've had with Carwings since we leased our SV in June.

Had been working flawlessly for me, starting yesterday saw same the exact same failure messages. Updates, climate commands, etc all fail. No data loaded into carwings historical.

EngravEER said:
...The text messages I'm getting back are saying "failed due to weak cell reception"...

Yeah I got that too. Typical Nissan I.T. baloney. Does anyone seriously believe their rickety product suddenly gained the ability to correctly diagnose where the failure was in the end-to-end chain of events? The same product that advises it might take up to FIVE MINUTES to get a response? :lol:

Mine is also giving the "failed due to weak cell reception" errors for the last 2 days.. problem is, its giving them EVERYWHERE in SoCal...

So I doubt it's an AT&T issue :roll:

It's not a global issue. I have been using CarWings the last couple days via the iPhone app to remotely activate the climate control.

I called them yest and was on the phone with for almost an hr. Then end result was there is an issue with "certain" regions experiencing connectivity problems and they are working to resolve the issue.

Probably too many users now with Leafs hitting the system trying to warm up the car before entering :lol:

mwalsh said:
JasonA said:
Probably too many users now with Leafs hitting the system trying to warm up the car before entering :lol:

A system that is probably the same size as when I got my car three years ago. :?

Probably the reason here in Boulder. A ton of Leafs have hit the road this past year. I can turn climate on and off on the weekends, but trying to do it at 7 am on a workday almost never works anymore. Nissan needs to get this fixed before they start asking us to pay for the service.

CarWings has been pretty good this week. Both climate and start charging worked flawlessly on Monday and Tuesday. Climate failed once this morning and then worked the second time. So 66% success can't be all bad, right?

I've only had the car a couple of weeks and everything was working fine WRT carwings, then since yesterday it only works if connecting via WIFI. When connecting via mobile data only it comes up with an error: "failed to log in to you+nissan website. Please try logging in later" I contacted their support but they said because it's working via wifi then it must be mobile related. Strange thing is though it stop working at the same time on wife's phone even when I was 60 miles away so connected to a different cell.

I managed to get it working again by resetting the password from the car even though was set to same password again. It stopped working after a few minutes...so there's something not quite right and sounds more like Nissan's end rather than my mobile if both mobiles don't work even though they both have virgin mobile sims in them? My Mrs has an s3 and I have a note 3 so not just a particular model of phone.

Any ideas?

trigger said:
I've only had the car a couple of weeks and everything was working fine WRT carwings, then since yesterday it only works if connecting via WIFI. When connecting via mobile data only it comes up with an error: "failed to log in to you+nissan website. Please try logging in later" I contacted their support but they said because it's working via wifi then it must be mobile related. Strange thing is though it stop working at the same time on wife's phone even when I was 60 miles away so connected to a different cell.

I managed to get it working again by resetting the password from the car even though was set to same password again. It stopped working after a few minutes...so there's something not quite right and sounds more like Nissan's end rather than my mobile if both mobiles don't work even though they both have virgin mobile sims in them? My Mrs has an s3 and I have a note 3 so not just a particular model of phone.

Any ideas?

You are in the UK then? Can you borrow a SIM from a mate, just to do a test? That would eliminate Virgin (and Orange, if Virgin still uses their network) from the equation. Just don't borrow a SIM for Orange though.

Oh, unless your phones are locked to Virgin? Then it might be best to install the app on the mate's phone instead.

Back