iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I've have LeafSpy Pro for IOS for a while now and its great, I connect to my car using a wifi device.

My problem is i can not get the data into Dropbox, when i start LeafSpy Pro is pops up a message
'Warning Disabling DropBox'

I get this message both when connected to the car or not I've tried un-ticking the WIfi Only but still get the same message.

When i enable the use dropbox it switches to the dropbox Allow prompt and I accept the App access, and then nothing logs?
The APPS / LeafSpy Pro folder is created successfully within my dropbox account.

Is there something i am doing wrong or is there a access rights issue?

Mark

chaddy77 said:
Hi,
I've have LeafSpy Pro for IOS for a while now and its great, I connect to my car using a wifi device.

My problem is i can not get the data into Dropbox, when i start LeafSpy Pro is pops up a message

I get this message both when connected to the car or not I've tried un-ticking the WIfi Only but still get the same message.

When i enable the use dropbox it switches to the dropbox Allow prompt and I accept the App access, and then nothing logs?
The APPS / LeafSpy Pro folder is created successfully within my dropbox account.

Mark
When you start up and get the disabled Dropbox message go back into Settings and re-enable Dropbox then exit Settings. You will either link to Dropbox or go back to the Dropbox allow access menu if it was not accepted by Dropbox.

Turbo3 said:
chaddy77 said:
Hi,

Mark
When you start up and get the disabled Dropbox message go back into Settings and re-enable Dropbox then exit Settings. You will either link to Dropbox or go back to the Dropbox allow access menu if it was not accepted by Dropbox.

Hi,
Yes i do this every time and its switches to the dropbox allow access menu, again I allow and its switches to leafSpy then i connect to the car and it looks ok, but i drive home for a hour. Check the drop box account and the folder is there but no data?

Does it have to be connected to the car when allowing access to dropbox?
AS once my iphone is connected to the car via wifi and cannot get any internet access.
If not its should it pick up and send the data when I connect to my home network or does it stream data or dump the complete file?

I'm sat at my desk now and want to sync the log files is this possible?

Thanks Mark

chaddy77 said:
Turbo3 said:
chaddy77 said:
Hi,

Mark

Hi,
Yes i do this every time and its switches to the dropbox allow access menu, again I allow and its switches to leafSpy then i connect to the car and it looks ok, but i drive home for a hour. Check the drop box account and the folder is there but no data?

Does it have to be connected to the car when allowing access to dropbox?
AS once my iphone is connected to the car via wifi and cannot get any internet access.
If not its should it pick up and send the data when I connect to my home network or does it stream data or dump the complete file?

I'm sat at my desk now and want to sync the log files is this possible?

Thanks Mark
Did you setup the OBDII Wifi link on your iOS device to be Static per the WiFi setup help in the app? If not then iOS will try to use the OBDII WiFi to make an Internet connection which will not work.

Yes its set up as static, and i can use the 3G data connection while connected to the OBDII Wifi, now i have read the manual Doh..
but it still doesn't sync anything more than the application folder in my dropbox. :(
I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled, what triggers the 'disabling Dropbox' at start up?

chaddy77 said:
Yes its set up as static, and i can use the 3G data connection while connected to the OBDII Wifi, now i have read the manual Doh..
but it still doesn't sync anything more than the application folder in my dropbox. :(
I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled, what triggers the 'disabling Dropbox' at start up?
The steps are:

1. Detect that the Dropbox Sync flag has been set but account has not been successfully linked so issue a "Request Link to Dropbox". This causes a web page to be opened where you allow LeafSpy to access your Dropbox.

2. After you allow access (which appears to cause Dropbox to create the initial folder) a routine in LeafSpy called manger_AccountReady should be called with the status of true or false and a messaged displayed on the screen. A mark is set in LeafSpy based on the returned status which then controls the 'disabling Dropbox' message. However, in your case and a test iOS device I have tried this on the AccountReady routine is never called so the mark never gets set which means as far as LeafSpy knows the account has not be successfully linked. Why this happens I do not currently know. If I force the mark to be set that does not help. These steps still work on the Android version so it seems to be something between iOS and the B4i library code that handles the returned information and generates the manager_AccountReady call.

3. When LeafSpy starts it checks if Dropbox sync has been enabled and if the saved mark indicates the account was linked successfully. In your case the mark was not set so the Dropbox sync flag is disabled.

mjblazin said:
Thanks. I thought it was me.
I still save the file I want to Drop Box after I do my weekly iTunes synch.
Looks like it was me. Not sure why I did it but I commented out one of the key modules when I went from the test versions to the released version.

Unfortunately, the B4i host compiler is down so I can not rebuild and test the fixed code. I would expect that to be fixed within the next 24 hours.

So only those who linked using a previous test version can currently use the Dropbox Sync feature because they linked their account using the test version before I commented out the needed code.

I think want happened is I am testing a central server to support an opt-in feature for collecting data and letting you see where your Leaf battery is relative to others of the same generation. I removed that code when I made the official release because I was worried Apple would see the fixed URL and delay the release. The current test code I had would only collect data from a Leaf with my VIN but I did not what to risk delaying the release trying to explain that to Apple.

================================

B4i Compiler is back up and the fix has been verified.

If you are not already a tester and would like to test the fixed version when it is released for testing send an email to [email protected] and I will add you to the test group. Must have iOS 8 or higher installed to allow testing.

The official release will take at least a week to make it through Apple's review process.

otbiker said:
Just downloaded LSP and discovered it will not run under IOS9. Opens, then crashes. :(

Awaiting an update I guess...

Marty

Have you tried with IOS 9.0.1?
I read that it should include some sort of fix for manually setup wi-fi connections.

Jim/Turbo3

I am flying to Nice this friday to drive the 30kWh new Nissan leaf. Will the LeafSpy Pro be reading correct data or are you working on an update. I want to drive as ECO as possible in order to win the ECO challenge : ) .

DM me on twitter My_leaf or send me direct email to mynissanleaf at hotmail dot com

Regards,

Edwin

^^^
I'm not sure how you expect Jim to know. I doubt he has early access to 30 kWh Leafs.

If there were shipping or readily available for people to plug in their OBD2 dongles and run Leaf Spy on them, then sure... maybe he might know.

There is a 30kWh battery selection option in settings but it is currently disabled until I learn what the typical max Gids is for s 30kWh pack.

So if anyone has access to a 30kWh Leaf please do a full 100% charge a few times and post the max Gids you get.

The code currently uses 365 Gids as the max for the larger pack.

iOS version 1.1.1 is now available. Includes the following changes:

* Fixed bug that prevented new users from linking to their Dropbox account.
* Re-enable the use of the WiFi SSID to determine if a WiFi OBDII adapter is present. This was previously disabled when running on iOS 9.
* Added a user re-settable energy counter.
* Charge graph now auto scales to minutes and hours when needed.
* Fixed bug that prevented charge graphs of more than 3000 points from being read back in for display. Increased maximum graph points from 6000 to 8000.
* Increased ambient temperature offset range to -10 to +10 degrees (previously was -5 to +5)

To get Dropbox working you will need to go into Settings/Dropbox and re-enable Dropbox sync. When you exit you will be directed to the Dropbox allow access page. After you return to LeafSpy from that page you should get a message that your Dropbox account has been successfully linked where before the fix you would get no message and not be linked.

My original Leaf lease was up 11/2014, but I was able to extend it to 5/2016. Within the past few days I lost the connection between my LeafSpy Pro and my OBDII. The WiFi signal appears to remain strong but in the space in settings below Client ID is "Renew Lease". I touch that and I get a choice between "Renew Lease?" and Cancel but it just repeats itself when I hit "Renew Lease." I am running IOS 9.0.2 .

Just figured it out. :D

using LSP v. 1.1.1 en

I had great success with LSP and the LYL WiFi ODB (X000SNLBRV) for about 1 week. Then I left the LYL ODB plugged into the car one hot afternoon and now all I can get is "WiFi NC" and the yellow status box in LSP. Things I have tried:
- unplug and replug the LYL WiFi ODB a million times (will try a million more times)
- delete the WiFiODB wireless network from my iPhone and re-join it a few thousand times
- uninstall and reinstall LSP

On the LYL WiFI ODB all I can see is the single red colored flashing light, none of the other amber lights are twinkling.

Anybody else have similar experience?
thx,

Back