ICE Breaker J1772 extension cable for sale. 30A 52A, 30 foot

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrad

ICE Breaker J1772 extension cable for sale. 30A to 52A, 30 foot

I’m excited to offer a J1772 extension finally!
The ICE Breaker is a extension cable that maintains the safety features and functions of the J1772 protocol. Specifically the proximity safety interlock works end to end on both the extension’s plug and the EVSE it is used with. This is accomplished with a extra conductor which is easy for me as I hand build all the assemblies. Doing this prevents dangerous HOT disconnects.

The ICE Breaker is a great accessory to have in your trunk. We have all seen the blocked EV charging stations. ICE Breaker gives you the reach you need when you get ICE’d.

Constructed with the same new 70A J1772 plugs I use for my BSA Custom Whips found on my custom built EVSE’s and a matching 70A J1772 socket with hinged door. The finished cable is a very flexible and light weight multi-conductor cable covered with Flexo brand Heavy Wall braided sleeving.

Using multiple conductors gives great flexibility and the keeps size down. You will notice how light the cable is as well compared to other J1772 cables. The the double insulated wires are then covered in high temp PET Braided Sleeving. With the following features:
• high tensile strength
• cut & abrasion resistant
• halogen free • resists gasoline, chemicals & cleaning solvents
• FAR 23/25, FMVSS 302 approved
• -103°F to 257°F (-75°C to 125°C) temperature range
• melt temperature 446°F (230°C)

The wires are jacketed (double insulated) for abrasion and wear resistance then the Flexo brand Heavy Wall braided sleeving adds another layer of protection.

Why use 70A plugs and sockets? My cost isn’t much less for the 30A versions and the only way to get a reasonable price on J1772 parts is to order at least 10 at a time. It only makes sense to buy all 70A parts, this way everyone gets a heaver duty unit.

The price is $264.50 plus $18 for UPS ground shipping in the continental USA.
I offer a 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty on all my extensions and adapters

These extensions have a continuous rating of 80% of their full rating. Although the NEC code applies to home wiring not plug in devices like this it’s a good reference place to start and use their 80% rule.

Also available in 41/52A, 52/65A versions 15 feet to 50 feet long.

Continuous rating/Full rating
30/40A 30ft. 264.50 only $1.70 each additional foot.
41/52A 30ft. 278.50 only $1.90 each additional foot.
52/65A 30ft. 387.85 only $2.30 each additional foot.

If you would like to see it in action on your EV we can arrange that thru private message. Local pickup in Las Vegas near Smith's grocery on East Flamingo. Payment is by PayPal if shipped or cash for local pickup.

I worked hard on a nice PDF featuring some of the EVSE's I build and accessories. Check it out here for current pricing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc6ei1dkkqwbiwz/BSAelectronics EVSE flyer.pdf?dl=0

I get a lot of inquires about custom builds. YES I definitely take orders for anything you would like to see in your Adapters, Extensions and EVSE’s. Private message me or if you have a general question you think the rest of the community can benefit from post it here.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I have to add this just because of the world we live in. :D This accessory is intended for use ONLY by responsible adults. Because they are hand-made, they are not UL listed - but are made from UL listed parts. 240v electricity is serious business and caution should be exercised while using any EVSE. You should always install a GFCI breaker not a standard one for any and all circuits a person can come in contact with. By making a purchase, you assume all the risk associated with using this item and agree that that we are not liable for any damage or injury that may result from their use.

Back