i3 Coupe?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELROY

I just realized the first i3 prototype I saw almost 2yrs ago was the coupe version.
I still kind of find it hard to digest the looks of the sedan with the rear door lines, etc.

On the other hand, I would beyond a doubt be interested in the coupe. Just seems like cleaner, lines, etc. I even like the light colored interior on this one.

Does anyone know about any production plans?

nr6p.jpg

pchr.jpg

fnl3.jpg

ELROY, you might want to consider cross-posting this to the main i3 thread, where your question has a better chance of being answered. Mods: suggest merging with the thread listed below.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=721" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

surfingslovak said:
ELROY, you might want to consider cross-posting this to the main i3 thread, where your question has a better chance of being answered. Mods: suggest merging with the thread listed below.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=721" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good idea. It would be cool if the coupe was even sportier than the sedan, as most BMW coupes are slightly sportier.
However, according to the specs at the show, the coupe 0-60mph time (7.8 seconds) back then was slower than today's sedan rating.

d1qn.jpg

zqa2.jpg

ELROY said:
However, according to the specs at the show, the coupe 0-60mph time (7.8 seconds) back then was slower than today's sedan rating.
We haven't heard much about about any tweaks to the drivetrain. BMW went out of its way to say that the i sub brand and BMW M won't mix. While I wouldn't expect any sports version of an i vehicle from BMW, there could be 3rd party tuners. I suspect that most of the tweaks could be done in software. This has been demonstrated with some of the commercial EVs on the market today, and substantial improvements have been reported from adventurous LEAF and Volt owners. That said, I would recommend attending the LA auto show this year as well, if possible. Some of these questions are better asked directly, and BMW should have strong presence at the show. If you were on Facebook, please consider joining the i3 group.

bmwi3mnl

Back