I Won the Use of a Nissan GT-R for a Day!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
z0ner said:
This thread is useless without pics :)

You're right, z0ner, I've been keeping you guys in suspenders for too long. Here are the pics.

This was the most amazing car I will ever drive. I'm still shaking my head over its acceleration and handling on high speed curves, and how easy it is to drive that way. Unless I had a stable of half a dozen cars, though, I'd never own one. For me, it's just too much car, since I don't live in the Nevada desert and wouldn't race it at least occasionally. And in our crowded suburban world, it just makes you want to do things you shouldn't and that threatens your driver's license on a constant basis. And if you can't drive it that way, there is little point to driving it around calmly and slowly. There are many cars for the money that fit in suburbia much more comfortably. But none are as amazing when a freeway opens up in front of you.

I can't say enough about Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa, CA, and about Mark and Elise Ranauro, who run Connell. They are by far my favorite car people that I've met in 45 years of buying cars, and this applies to every interaction that I had with them before, during and after my LEAF leasing and delivery experience. This was an unbelievable opportunity, and I enjoyed it immensely.

scaled.php

2010 Nissan GT-R with upgraded wheels and tires and Stillen exhaust, all wheel drive, twin clutch 6 speed auto/manual, 480 bhp, 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds, under 2600 miles on the odometer, on sale for under $75,000, now SOLD!

scaled.php

scaled.php

A tip for you, always let your salesman drive the car out of the showroom, you don't want to do this!

scaled.php

Mark Ranauro, my favorite car dealer and a real stand-up guy.

scaled.php

A few details: The exhaust outlets

scaled.php

Super cool pop-out door handles

scaled.php

Upgraded wheels and tires

scaled.php

One version of a dream garage

scaled.php

Cars & Coffee at 06:30 on a Saturday morning. That engine is clean enough that you could eat off it!

scaled.php

scaled.php

Shades of "the New Chrysler/Fiat"? No, these two cars assured me that they had just met that morning.

scaled.php

Cars & Coffee gets rolling

scaled.php

I made this young man's day. He couldn't stop smiling.

scaled.php

Classiest neighbor at Cars & Coffee: 1956 era Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing

scaled.php

scaled.php

The GT-R visits the So Cal LEAF Branch in Santa Ana

Back