Help! Locked on to Blink QC - can't disconnect - any ideas?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgate1234

Code:

The Blink QC in Belmont malfunctioned while I was charging. The handle is locked with the red light on, and I can't disconnect it. I've been on the phone with Blink for an hour and they can't get any technician to respond to a phone call (much less make a service call). Any suggestions on how I can free my car? (without bolt cutters). Thank you!!!

I can't quite remember the Blink handle, but can you sneak a screwdriver under the hook? On the left side as you look at it. At this point, damage to the nozzle would be the least of my concerns.

What a bummer.

A roadside assist outfit probably not much help. Non-emergency fire department call? Those guys can be pretty crafty.

ebill3 said:
I can't quite remember the Blink handle, but can you sneak a screwdriver under the hook? On the left side as you look at it. At this point, damage to the nozzle would be the least of my concerns.

What a bummer.

A roadside assist outfit probably not much help. Non-emergency fire department call? Those guys can be pretty crafty.

Blink isn't helpful. They tried for an hour to get any technician to call them back. Now I am on permanent hold. Bolt cutters may be required.

What if you tried to start the LEAF and put it in drive. Since you can't charge while it's moving, I wonder if that would send a signal to stop the charge and allow you to disconnect.

ENIAC said:
What if you tried to start the LEAF and put it in drive. Since you can't charge while it's moving, I wonder if that would send a signal to stop the charge and allow you to disconnect.

Tried that. Won't go into drive. Screen on car gave me a message that it can't start because it is plugged in.

So, even after this long it still thinks you're charging? Is there an emergency stop button like the Eaton DCQC has? If not I would get someone out there to throw the breaker on the service.

ENIAC said:
So, even after this long it still thinks you're charging? Is there an emergency stop button like the Eaton DCQC has? If not I would get someone out there to throw the breaker on the service.

Did the emergency disconnect a few hours ago. The handle is still locked and the red lock light is still on. It appears to be a software glitch.

Is it electrically locked into placer poor its it just the mechanical latch? Its been so long since i used blink i don't remember either.

Of its electrical, i would just shutdown the power but feasting its not. A free people have had issues with the latch

DaveinOlyWA said:
Is it electrically locked into placer poor its it just the mechanical latch? Its been so long since i used blink i don't remember either.

Of its electrical, i would just shutdown the power but feasting its not. A free people have had issues with the latch
Lemme guess, predictive text right?

@ Tailgate. I think you meant to post this not report it as a spam post. Your post:

"I'm out. Blink tech came and got me unlocked. dCFC malfunctioned. Emergency cutoff should have let me loose but the switch had been tampered with. Lots of people helped, thank you to everybody. When I'm a better mood I will elaborate."

I tried to stop at VW ERL for a charge today and encountered the predicament in progress.

The screen showed a message indicating that the emergency switch had been pressed, so I don't think it had been "tampered with" or made inoperable. The charging session had shut down and the charger was off. But the red lock light was still lit on the handle and it definately would not release from the car.

Having the charger keep the car "hostage" is a real nightmare scenario.

I would think that the emergency off button should automatically unlock the handle.

garygid said:
One wonders if Blink will charge you for the 5 hours that
your car remained connected to the QC?

Currently QC there is still free. Good thing considering how (un)reliable it has been.

TEG said:
I tried to stop at VW ERL for a charge today and encountered the predicament in progress.

The screen showed a message indicating that the emergency switch had been pressed, so I don't think it had been "tampered with" or made inoperable. The charging session had shut down and the charger was off. But the red lock light was still lit on the handle and it definately would not release from the car.

I would think that the emergency off button should automatically unlock the handle.

If you have good software and design it should do that.

EVDRIVER said:
TEG said:

If you have good software and design it should do that.

Given the quality of the Blink software I would hope the emergency off button would be hard wire to release the handle.

TEG said:

The Blink tech opened the emergency switch and thought it had been tampered with and wasn't working properly (thereby resetting the dcfc but still keeping me locked). He engaged the switch after opening it up and it immediately let my car go.

So, now I guess I need to add something else to my Leaf Trunk "KIT".

1) Insulated Bolt Cutters
2) Flash protecting Safety Goggles
*) Pre Printed Label "Sorry but your EVSCrapE wouldn't let me GO!"

Back