Google map sent to car function.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tszukow

Hi, does any member know if Google map sent to car function is working? I do not see link "sent to car" by the directions or "more". I have tried both old and new version.Thanks

Once you plug in a location, you should see a "Send to car" option under the address. At least I do with the new maps. Though last time I tried it, the address didn't make it to the car.

pyrotech said:
I'm using Chrome, and while it appears to send, it never makes it to the car. Is there something that I am missing?
Same here. Haven't been able to get it working.

I can send it to my car from google maps / chrome, but cannot figure out how to make the address in the car appear??? Where is it supposed to live / what screen in the nav? Thanks,

allergyking said:
I can send it to my car from google maps / chrome, but cannot figure out how to make the address in the car appear??? Where is it supposed to live / what screen in the nav? Thanks,

It's in one of the Eco->Carwings screens. I'm pretty sure it's labeled "Send to Car". It used to work, but failed recently. The behavior that a couple people have noticed is that no new data is getting added to the car. In my case, I see the four addresses that I added a while back (3+ months ago). I'm not seeing the addresses that I sent in the last couple weeks. I've primarily reverted to just using Siri on the iPhone, but will use the Address Book in the Leaf for loading destinations into the on-board NAV.

Same here, I am using Chrome also, it confirms that it send the data successfully but when try to get the car nav to download it says nothing to download.......I am guessing it is an issue with Nissan Data Center, hopefully somebody from Nissan is looking to this tread and reporting this.......

I too could not get the new Google Maps Send to Car to be received in my car. Every time that I switched back to Google Classic Maps, the feature still worked. I just tried it again. I will go out tomorrow to see if it worked.

This problem has been resurrected and discussed many times in the Music/Navigation/Handsfree subforum. There is no Nissan solution, at least not for those who already have six destinations downloaded. It seems that for some reason now the car will not accept any further downloads from Google Maps once it has six, and there is no way to delete any of the six that are in there. Various workarounds have been posted there, including using smart phones, portable GPS units, or simply entering the destinations in using the clunky GUI in the car.

Yep, the website Send to car button seems to not work anymore.

Interestingly enough, on Android, there's a Send To Car app that works just fine for me, so I don't know if Google is sending the data to the wrong place, or the new Maps UI is sending the wrong call, or what. Annoying though. But not as annoying as trying to use the Leaf's navigation in the first place ;)

If anyone's interested, though, I wrote some thoughts about Send to car a few months ago: https://howtune.com/articles/195-setup-google-send-to-car-on-a-nissan-leaf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The send to car feature still works from the old version of Google Maps. I successfully used it Tuesday.

Click the Question Mark icon (?) in the bottom right of Google Maps.
Select Return to Classic Google Maps.
Select Missing features for the reason to Return to Classic
Click Return to Classic Google Maps.
Type in the addresses to and from that you want.
Click the link icon in the top right of the left navigation pane.
Click Send
Click Car.

It still works.

The thing that was happening most recently was that if you already had a full list of entries, it would appear to work fine but the oldest entry in the list would no longer get bumped by the new one, so the new one would never download to the car. Is this not happening now?

Back