Weird Nissan Connect Behavior

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2021 Nissan Leaf. When using the Nissan Connect Application, all the remote monitoring works just fine. I can find the car, lock and unlock the doors, get an updated battery status on the home page.

However, the one function that does not work is under maps and navigation. There is a function there to ‘refresh the state of charge’ so that it can more accurately calculate the available range. When I try and refresh that, it just spins and never updates the SOC for the MAPs calculation.

I am planning on taking it to the dealer (still under warranty) but I thought I would check here to see if anyone had experienced something similar and what they did to fix it. I tried all the usual, Deinstalling and reinstalling the application. Nada.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

> it just spins and never updates the SOC

Kinda new to the Connect app and to the Leaf itself, but the app behaves the same for me. The car is clearly able to communicate the state of charge, because the "front page" of the app gets it accurately. But the SOC on the app's route planner screen reads 0% and won't update. I don't understand why the app can't talk to itself so to speak. Its left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing.

I find the app erratic and unreliable. I wouldn't trust it for range.

A Better Route Planner is supposed to link with LeafSpy Pro for realtime (ish) range projections on a map.
That sounds handy. You don’t happen to have any additional deets do you?

Back