Getting my new SL tomorrow

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I can concur - going to tynan's tomorrow to test drive Leaf and run some numbers - might even buy it tomorrow :D. Can I ask you to share your most recent lease numbers? Like those "money factors, residual value" etc - might be easier for me to figure out what are they offering. Never had leased a car in my life but it does seem like a better idea with the Leaf. Rumors are there already about 2013 model with the lower price sticker and longer range, but I just sick and tired of feeding my GX 470 at 60-70$ a week :evil:
In anyway - I was doing my research lately but still have few babies questions: some people mentioned additional rebate for stage 2 charger with the SL trim - but can't confirm it anywhere. I understood that you can get that charger at HomeDepot - is there a better way to go - order online? Also, you had mentioned additional CO state rebate - is it in addition to your negotiated price of 230$ a month with 1000$ down? I am hoping to keep it under 200$ a month with 12000 miles lease for 2 years - this way I would be making money monthly (currently burning around 300$ a month in gas). I will keep my SUV for the snowboarding trips anyway - and for those winter storms that hopefully are coming some time soon - was putting my christmas decorations out in the yard today at almost 70 degrees - maybe we do need to buy more of those electric ones. :shock:
Anything else I need to ask for at the dealership? Is there are a better deals out there for lease/buy as far as getting outside financing? Someone here in the forum mentioned that dealers got additional 5500$ in incentives if you are to buy it?

Viktor said:
I understood that you can get that charger at HomeDepot - is there a better way to go - order online?

I had my cord upgraded by Phil at EVSE Upgrade http://www.evseupgrade.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for about $300 and now I can Level 2 or Level 1 charge at my house and I didn't have to buy the wall mounted EVSE. I also bought an adapter from EVSE Adapters so I can Level 2 charge at camp grounds with RV hook ups.

Viktor said:
I will keep my SUV for the snowboarding trips anyway - and for those winter storms that hopefully are coming some time soon - was putting my christmas decorations out in the yard today at almost 70 degrees - maybe we do need to buy more of those electric ones. :shock:

Exactly. We have a small ski resort in Missouri about 20 miles from my house. I doubt it will open on time this year. We snowboard at Loveland in March. Hopefully there will be better snow this year.

Yet another reason I drive an electric car.

Viktor said:
Rumors are there already about 2013 model with the lower price sticker and longer range, but I just sick and tired of feeding my GX 470 at 60-70$ a week :evil:
Deals on a 2012 are almost certainly better now than you will get on a 2013 this winter or next spring, even if they do reduce the base price. You might indeed see a modest 2013 range increase in Colorado during the winter, but it would be mostly from a more efficient heater. The 2012's already have heated seats and steering wheel which means you don't have to use the power-hungry heater as much as those of us with 2011 models do.

Viktor said:
some people mentioned additional rebate for stage 2 charger with the SL trim - but can't confirm it anywhere
The "charger rebate" you have seen reference to was a federal EVSE tax credit, but it has expired. What you are talking about is not a "stage 2 charger" but a level 2 EVSE. The charger is built into the car, and there are not two charging stages. The EVSE is a safety mechanism outside the car. Level 2 means the EVSE and charger are running at 240 volts, as opposed to 120 volts for level 1. The charger in the car handles both L1 and L2. Most EVSEs are built for a single voltage, though the EVSEupgrade that mhigley referred to can run both as L1 and L2. Like most people on this forum I enthusiastically recommend the EVSEupgrade. I should point out, though, that the 2013 LEAF will almost certainly have an option for a faster charger (30 amps at 240 volts). The EVSEupgrade is limited to 15 amps. It will still work just fine with the new charger, but will charge the car at the same rate as the current model cars. That means 4-7 hours to charge at L2, which is really just fine for overnight charging. Few people need the faster charging at home, though everyone agrees "the faster the better" away from home. Fortunately, every public EVSE I've ever heard of supports 30 amps.

If you lease, you get the federal $7500 tax credit as part of your lease deal. If you buy, you apply for it with your next income tax return. There is an additional Colorado rebate or credit for the car, but I'm not familiar with it, so I'll let someone else comment on that.

Ray

Viktor said:
I guess I can concur - going to tynan's tomorrow to test drive Leaf and run some numbers - might even buy it tomorrow :D. Can I ask you to share your most recent lease numbers? Like those "money factors, residual value" etc - might be easier for me to figure out what are they offering. Never had leased a car in my life but it does seem like a better idea with the Leaf. Rumors are there already about 2013 model with the lower price sticker and longer range, but I just sick and tired of feeding my GX 470 at 60-70$ a week :evil:
In anyway - I was doing my research lately but still have few babies questions: some people mentioned additional rebate for stage 2 charger with the SL trim - but can't confirm it anywhere. I understood that you can get that charger at HomeDepot - is there a better way to go - order online? Also, you had mentioned additional CO state rebate - is it in addition to your negotiated price of 230$ a month with 1000$ down? I am hoping to keep it under 200$ a month with 12000 miles lease for 2 years - this way I would be making money monthly (currently burning around 300$ a month in gas). I will keep my SUV for the snowboarding trips anyway - and for those winter storms that hopefully are coming some time soon - was putting my christmas decorations out in the yard today at almost 70 degrees - maybe we do need to buy more of those electric ones. :shock:
Anything else I need to ask for at the dealership? Is there are a better deals out there for lease/buy as far as getting outside financing? Someone here in the forum mentioned that dealers got additional 5500$ in incentives if you are to buy it?

Vikor... I replied to your other post and sent you a PM. My payment is 218/month and I put down < 100 down BEFORE taxes and 1st payment. I had to pay a 772 tax on the Cap Cost reduction which was most of the $1000 I put down.

Buying vs. Leasing. If you buy it you get the full Colorado rebate which is nice. However if you lease it Nisson is giving you the full $7500 Fed Rebate which is a great deal.

My number now that I have my Lease Agreement infront of me:
Cap Cost Including Acq Fee & Doc Fee: 36444 ( a little under invoice )
Reside Value: 21455
Walk away cost: 1000
Payment: 218 before taxes ( 233 with )

Viktor... I forgot to address your charger questions.

I bought a Schneider charger from Home Depot for ~$800. I installed it myself. My install cost was < $100. If my wife would have parked on the left side of the gararage it would have been < $10 since the box was just on the other side of the wall. The permit cost me around $50.

No rebate on the charger but there is a Colorado rebate on the Leaf

And my wife does park on the L side of the garage :shock: . I have an electric panel just in front of my space - one extra reason to get Leaf. I'll talk to U later today - who need sleep anyway in anticipation of a new car? I had also set up Tesla drive at 1 pm today - but they are 8-10 month out on delivery :(

Contract signed - silver Leaf - MSRP 38.415 and additional appearance package for 399$ - no clue what is that, but basically - 900$ down and 175$ a month - taxes included for 12k/24 month lease. And I am eligible for CO state rebate - which no one here at dealership can figure out. Feeling Christmas in the year. ))

Viktor said:
Contract signed - silver Leaf - MSRP 38.415 and additional appearance package for 399$ - no clue what is that, but basically - 900$ down and 175$ a month - taxes included for 12k/24 month lease. And I am eligible for CO state rebate - which no one here at dealership can figure out. Feeling Christmas in the year. ))

Nice, congrats and get out there and enjoy silence while you drive.

Ian B

Thank you. Will post in another topic but what are you guys using for the 2 level charges nowadays - is there a market for the used ones? Did anybody get lucky on eBay or Craigslist?

Viktor,

if could post the dealer name that will awesone,
also does the $900 incluse taxes, registration, doc fees etc ?

Thanks

ashp said:
Viktor,

if could post the dealer name that will awesone,
also does the $900 incluse taxes, registration, doc fees etc ?

Thanks

Not to answer for Viktor but I believe it was Ehrlich Nissan up in Greely.

Paid 900$ total at the dealership and that's apparently includes my first month lease payment - it says in the papers that I have 23 more payments. Monthly payments are 175$ - everything included. Ended up buying at Go Nissan on Arapahoe - closest to home - they just matched other dealer's offer.
Loving it so far - just afraid that 12k per year might not be enough - kids absolutely love the car and want us to drive them around only in Nissan :D Made 100 miles my first day driving in econo mode with 13 miles left when finally parked at the garage )) Anyone wants my GX470? :lol: Looking at solar now, but my bloody electric company doesn't offer any incentives ((

Back