Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
driveleaf said:
Has anyone else in Florida been given a delivery date yet?

Once we start seeing those, I'm more than happy to start suggesting drive-in meet ups. The city of Winter Garden has 4 L2 chargers, with L1 outlets attached.

2 of them are in the farmers market parking lot. How many of us are within range of that lot?

-driveleaf[/quote

My Delivery Date is the week of Nov 10

225 Miles from Plantation I would make the trip but I have checked Charge Point and Blink and it does not seem possible the last one north of me is Delray Beach.

I am expecting delivery in Dec and as soon as I get the car I would love to meet up with other Leafers, if there are other members that can offer some assistance in finding Dealerships on 441 (that will let you top off) we may be able to get a few people in my area to go.

It would be very cool seeing a few leafs traveling down the road we may even get some press coverage.

The "Pluig-in Day" get together in Kissimee, Fl....
six Volts, one Leaf, an after market plug in Prius and many
smiling faces.......

6253585172_f405df5d21_b.jpg

Thanks "driveleaf" for joining in... it was great to meet you and your lovely wife.

317363_2484757768905_1551455273_32615196_118715783_n.jpg

Anybody else get this e-mail today?

"We are pleased to let you know that AeroVironment has reduced the price of your fully installed EVSE-RS charging dock. In fact, the new price can already be seen on your quote."

Still $2,100. :shock: Sure am glad I made other arrangements for the charger.

driveleaf said:
It was great fun to be there with all short range EV Volts. ;)

Can't wait to meet up again!

Yea I burned 1.7 gallons of that nasty stuff going over and back..... but then in
a Leaf I probably would have had to spend the night........ :shock:

evenoelle said:
Anybody else get this e-mail today?

"We are pleased to let you know that AeroVironment has reduced the price of your fully installed EVSE-RS charging dock. In fact, the new price can already be seen on your quote."

Still $2,100. :shock: Sure am glad I made other arrangements for the charger.

Yes, I got it too:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5987&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still ridiculously priced, IMO.

Although my estimated delivery date hasn’t changed from "Month of December 2011", I was a bit surprised to find I was able to enable CarWings this evening.

VIN #15774

Weatherman said:
Although my estimated delivery date hasn’t changed from "Month of December 2011", I was a bit surprised to find I was able to enable CarWings this evening.

VIN #15774

Oooo I'm jealous. :mrgreen: I ordered a few weeks before you and no CarWings for me.

It does make me wonder when the VINs are released. In the Tracking Ships thread we've been keeping track of the Hoegh Trident, which left Japan a couple of days ago bound for the Panama Canal and the U.S. east coast. The assumption has been that there are LEAFs on that boat for those who ordered 2012s in July and August. But the Hoegh Trident isn’t due to dock at Jacksonville, FL until mid November.

Same place where we place reservations, place and accept orders and schedule or waive our home charging docks. Next in line is "Enable CARWINGS". That item was activated, for my account, this evening. I followed the links and it directed me to another Nissan web page where my VIN was displayed.

Weston Nissan (in Davie, FL) is my chosen dealer.

Weatherman said:
Same place where we place reservations, place and accept orders and schedule or waive our home charging docks. Next in line is "Enable CARWINGS". That item was activated, for my account, this evening. I followed the links and it directed me to another Nissan web page where my VIN was displayed.

Weston Nissan (in Davie, FL) is my chosen dealer.

Did you receive an email telling you that you could activate Carwings? I ordered just a few days after you, but no Carwings or VIN yet for me. :(

No e-mail. That’s why it was a bit of a surprise when I logged into my account yesterday.

After thinking about it a bit, I probably shouldn’t have activated CarWings right away, since I believe the free subscription only lasts three years from the activation date. Most likely I still have another six or seven weeks before my LEAF arrives, so that six or seven weeks on my subscription will have gone to waste.

Little bit too anxious to get the whole process over and done with.

I activated Carwings in September, car is due 7th of November, hoping the system is smart enough to not deduct sept and October from my 36 month free period.

anyone know ?

kmp647 said:
I activated Carwings in September, car is due 7th of November, hoping the system is smart enough to not deduct sept and October from my 36 month free period.

anyone know ?

I would have done the same as you activated Carwings as soon as I got the email but I bet they aint that smart to not start the subscription as soon as you hit enter
!
The guys on the West Coast will be able to answer that one.

I am so happy today I recived a package from Nissan :!: and I got two tee shirts and a mouse pad!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked to see if there was a car in the package but could not find one

For now I can proudly wear a tee shirt with a cute litle bear on it that says "Give me a hug"

I am so happy :lol:

On Monday I was driving down Tennessee Street (the main drag in Tally) and I saw the one and only Leaf in town owned by a consumer (see my earlier post on the coverage by the local TV station) going down the road in the same direction I was going. It is a blue one - I was at first annoyed because the female driver was smoking (kind of weird knowing the personal pollution preferences of most Leaf owners) and the smoke was coming into my vehicle (Ford Escape Hybrid). I was able to observe the Leaf for about 4 miles until I turned into my destination. It definitely amplified my anticipation for my Leaf that is on order.

Two things - first, the directional signals seemed dim and weak in the daytime, and the brake lights in the U shape (Univ of Miami fans designed it?) around the back window were not as attention grabbing as I would prefer in heavy city driving (prevent rear end collisions). Anybody else notice this or was it just a sun angle?

Back