Buy this one? Leafspy shots included

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at buying a 2021 SV Plus. Manufactured February 2021, about 18,800 miles, previously owned in Santa Barbara, California and nearby Goleta (both on the coast, hopefully not too hot?). Do these Leafspy shots show anything to be concerned about given age, mileage, climate, etc.? I like the 15mV spread and hopefully SoH is decent.

Note: Though it says the mileage is 11,676 miles, it's really 18,791 miles.. It looks like Leafspy expected 18,791 "kilometers" from the car, even though I put the settings in the app on "miles". So it divided by 1.60 - the ratio between the two numbers is EXACTLY this conversion factor down to several decimal places. Was worried I connected to the wrong Leaf at first!

Before test drive:

Screen-1.jpg

Screen-2-histogram.jpg

GIDs.jpg

I can post shots from after the drive if that's helpful, but the drive only took SoC down to about 63% on the guess-o-meter so it didn't change much. Thanks to everyone on the forums, it's been very helpful for learning.

Other than checking for DTC codes, everything looks fine from this. Looks like the previous owner keeps the battery topped off frequenly with so few miles compared to the number of charging sessions. :mrgreen:

Bluebird said:
I'm looking at buying a 2021 SV Plus. Manufactured February 2021, about 18,800 miles, previously owned in Santa Barbara, California and nearby Goleta (both on the coast, hopefully not too hot?). Do these Leafspy shots show anything to be concerned about given age, mileage, climate, etc.? I like the 15mV spread and hopefully SoH is decent.

Note: Though it says the mileage is 11,676 miles, it's really 18,791 miles.. It looks like Leafspy expected 18,791 "kilometers" from the car, even though I put the settings in the app on "miles". So it divided by 1.60 - the ratio between the two numbers is EXACTLY this conversion factor down to several decimal places. Was worried I connected to the wrong Leaf at first!
Changing the setting at https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=607774#p607774 may fix the wrong mileage issue displayed in Leaf Spy.

Changed the CAN odometer setting, thank you! Will run Leafspy again tomorrow before the inspection and get the DTCs.

I was hoping the last owner topped it off a lot and avoided depth of discharge. It's encouraging to see that may actually be true... :D I've read (probably on here) that if the car is on a charge timer, each charging session can raise the L1/L2 counter by anywhere from 1-3, instead of just 1. Is there a good "average" number to estimate with, or does it vary based on a particular owner's setup?

Back