Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
purchased the Schneider EVSE from Home depot (online)
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
and self installed. Have been using it for a month connecting
my Volt...... :mrgreen:

6151387158_3cbae4bd6b.jpg

6148491352_3c6a3b8e9e_z.jpg

BrainDonor said:
Has anyone in South Florida gotten the charging dock installed, whether an AV unit or not? With first deliveries coming up next month, I would imagine some of us have and I'd like to hear about the experiences. My Leaf is scheduled for delivery the week of 11/25 and I have not made plans yet for the charging dock. :?

I have the AV unit sitting in my garage. We are waiting for a final inspection on our solar before we install it.

hodad, thanks for the link. The Schneider unit seems the most reasonable at $799. I checked with the Home Depot installation department and they don't have any contractors trained on installing electric charging stations. They recommend that I call local electricians.

So, does anyone have an electrician you would recommend in the Palm Beach (west Lake Worth) area?

@evenoelle, do you have an electrician who will install your AV unit? Any reason you went with AV over others?

@BrainDonor - Yes we are having an electrician install it. My husband swears he can do it himself but I don't like messing with electricity. We went with the AV over the others because it was the cheapest ($620) and because I liked that this was the one developed for this particular car (even though it is capable of charging the others.)

@BrainDonor, it's like installing a dryer but without the plug.
Any licensed electrician could do it. Sorry but I'm up here
in Melbourne so I have no idea about your local electricians.

Is your panel in the garage?
Does it have any empty spaces for another breaker?

Has anyone in Florida been provided a specific breakdown of their lease details? For some reason, the two sales reps at Weston Nissan, I’ve been working with, have been avoiding providing specifics on my particular deal.

After a few weeks of bugging them, I did get a rundown on an SL, but of course I’m not buying an SL. But, even the numbers provided don’t quite match up with what I would expect. Here are the details:

$37,250 + $850 - MSRP
$140+$170 – splashguards and floormats
Total Price: $38,410

Residual value (assumes 12,000/year 39 months, 45% of Total Price): $17,284.50

Up-front Fees: $699 dealer service fee and $267 tag, title, registration fee
Bank acquisition fee: $595

Cash down: $1,550
Tax Credit: $7,500

Money factor: 0.00195
Sales Tax: 6%

Total Monthly Payment: $503

Using the same numbers, and plugging them into some of the sample spreadsheets provided in the Buying/Leasing/Dealerships forum, I came out with a total monthly payment of $497. It’s not too far off, but it’s not an exact match, either.

hodad66 said:
Is your panel in the garage?
Does it have any empty spaces for another breaker?
Yes, the panel is in the garage and there is room for three more breakers. Should not be hard to install as the house was built in 2000.

Thanks for the info. I will call around for an electrician and then post what I found.

Hi Weatherman
Hope your wrong on those numbers as I am working with Weston Nissan Eddie Sosa? and am gonna lease an SL. No extras except floor mats which they said they would pay for.

This is my deal

Hello, Steve
I'm pleased to offer your Nissan LEAF, to be leased, at the price outlined below.
$458 / mo.**
39 month lease, $0 initial customer payment (This is incorrect)
this price includes:
2012 Nissan LEAF™ SL trim
super black
no options selected
accessory added:
floor and cargo mats Blah, Bla,h Blah,

$409/Month2 – 36 months – $2,599 Initial Payment (I may put dowm more to lower the payment)
MSRP excludes tax, title, license and $850 destination charge.

I am going to extend the miles to 15k/yr but they said that was only a few dollars more

You may also find this site useful I plan to try to get them down a few bucks when I get mine (Week of Dec 2)

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/nissan/leaf-pricing/2012

Shoot me a pm when you finalize your price

Steve,

I sent you a spreadsheet I'm using for reference.

It starts with the MSRP for an SL ($37,250), adds floormats ($170) and splashguards ($140) and goes from there. After discussing the details with Larry Hering (who works for Eddie Sosa), the number I calculated for the final monthly payment was close, but not quite the same as the number he gave me.

Don't believe anything Eddie Sosa says. When I tried to pin him down on the exact details behind the initial $453/month quote they gave me on my SV, he purposely avoided providing any details. I would suggest talking to Larry Hering, instead. He may not be happy to hear from you, after what I've put him through the past few days, but given the way Eddie Sosa has been handling things, they deserve all the harassment they can get.

Since I still have about four weeks until I take delivery (assuming I don't cancel the deal with Weston Nissan altogether), and I'm making no progress at all nailing down the lease details with Weston Nissan, I thought I'd check other dealers in South Florida to see if "padding the lease" is a standard practice.

First stop was Maroone Nissan in Pembroke Pines

2012 SL
MSRP: $38,500
39 month, 12,000 miles/year
Residual: 44% (Weston Nissan offered 45% residual for the same 39/12,000)
Sales tax: 6%
Money factor: 0.00194
$1,543 downpayment

Their quote? $515/month
My estimate, based on the numbers provided: $481/month

I know there's stuff missing from their quote, like dealer service fees and tag/title/registration fees, but that would amount to about $1,180 to get the quotes to match.

I asked for clarification on the $1180 price difference and haven't heard back, yet.

Next stop will be Bill Seidle Nissan. I requested a price quote and they haven't responded.

My suggestion to anyone who is leasing a car from a South Florida dealer is to get all the details ahead of time and examine the numbers with a fine-tooth comb. Otherwise, there's a good chance you'll be paying more than you have to.

Maroone was a nightmare for me they were the first dealership that I ordered from (long story) but the sales manager was a complete wanker they bumped up the cost and then when I tried to question him he would not return any of my emails even when Nissan Corp got involved.

They may be great for someone else but they will never see a penny of my money

Brightonuk said:
Maroone was a nightmare for me they were the first dealership that I ordered from (long story) but the sales manager was a complete wanker they bumped up the cost and then when I tried to question him he would not return any of my emails even when Nissan Corp got involved.

They may be great for someone else but they will never see a penny of my money

I know how much you love Maroone. :D

That's why I posted their ridiculous quote first.

Sometimes one has to dig around a bit to find a little gem of truth. A lot time ago, Maroone, actually, provided an accurate price quote with all the details. I am very impressed.

I checked the numbers, below, and by my calculations came up with a monthly payment of $522.46/month. That's close enough for me.

The real kicker is the "Total Added Caps". That's the dealer service fee, tag/title/registration fee and tire fee. It's a little higher than I expect, but at least they are honest in including it.

Brightonuk said:
This was Maroone offer

Contract Date 08/01/11

MSRP $37,605.00
Residual Value 46%*
Residual Value $17,298.30*
Cap Cost $37,605*
Term 36 Months
Lease Money Factor 0.00215*
Rebates $7500.0
Total Added Caps $1194.95*
Adjusted Cap Cost $31,299.95
Total Sales Tax $1,525.88
Base Monthly Rental $498.75
Tlt Annual Fees $498.75
Total Initial Fees $68.50
Amount Due at Start $1550.20

Total Monthly Payments......................................$523.03

And, I confirmed that adding $1194.95 in various fees to the quote I got from Maroone Nissan of Pembroke Pines, today, results in:

$515.15/month

Again, close enough to their quote for me.

The question is... Where is Maroone coming up with $1,194.95 in added fees?

I think that was the amount I got or close it seemed to high to me thats what caused the issue and my subsequent cancelation of my order.

Weston is supposed to offer me a better deal I spoke to Larry today he told me

"Good news your leaf has a delivery date but we cant process your lease as we do not have a vin"

"Hey Larry I got my vin last week"

"Oh you have it"?

"Yes I got it last week"

"Oh"

This leads me to believe that the dealers are still clueless with everything Leaf

And so it continues

Brightonuk said:

Weston is supposed to offer me a better deal I spoke to Larry today he told me

"Good news your leaf has a delivery date but we cant process your lease as we do not have a vin"

I would think he should, at least, be able to provide you with the same details that Maroone did three months ago, even if he doesn't have a VIN (what does having a VIN have to do with preparing a price quote?).

He's playing the same game with you he is with me. He's going to wait until the day you pick up the car and then add on $1,195 in fees to your purchase price.

He's playing the same game with you he is with me. He's going to wait until the day you pick up the car and then add on $1,195 in fees to your purchase price.

Oh ye of little faith.

I dont know about the "I cant give you a price" thing but I am looking forward to sitting down with him and gettin the deal I want....................4 weeks baby

PM about pricing > same for anyone else in the Dade, Broward, Palm Beach area if we all work on a "best price" then we can quote that price to our respective dealers

I don't know how knowledgable he would be about the leases (since we are buying) but the guy we are working with at Bill Seidle's was the most knowledgable (about the car) out of all the Nissan guys we talked to at several different dealerships. Doesn't hurt to give him a call. His name is Douglas Lubowitz 954-336-6105 Good luck.

Back