Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got am email from Weston Nissan I was sooo excited as it was titled Some good news about your Leaf"

With heart racing and palms sweating I opened the email.........................."We just got an update from Nissan regarding your delivery date".......OH MY GOD its happening....................My heart was racing.

"Although we do not have a vin number" the delivery date is"...... YES YES.....................DECEMBER.

I knew that 2 months ago so the wait continues and the frustration grows as I continue to read about the car I dont have.

Just received notice from Nissan that my expected delivery date is 11/10/11. Delivery will be taken through Sutherlin Nissan in Orlando.

keydiver said:
Brightonuk said:
Anyone got ideas about savings with F.P.L. as they do have a link to EV vehicles on their site but that’s it. Just “We support the concept Blah, Blah, Blah”.[/url]

I asked the inspector from FPL that came to my house a couple weeks ago, and although he was quite knowledgeable about their solar programs, he didn't know about any plans by FPL to offer anything special to EV owners. As you said, they are EV-friendly, and also have tons of Prius' in their fleet, as well as some PHEV versions they are testing if I recall, but they have no immediate plans for anything having to do with EV.

Here's some info that I found on the FPL website. Looks like no incentives for now.
http://www.fpl.com/environment/electricvehicles/faq.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We just finished doubling the amount of solar PVs on our home. We are currently producing more electricity than we use. FPL paid for most of the install with approx. $10,000 from one of their solar incentive programs. (And the state of Florida paid for most of our first one before they ran out of money!) FPL gave away all the money they had for this particular program but they did say that there would be more of them in the future.

So when do we want to hold our first Central Florida leaf drive in event?

I'm at 10,711 miles as of this morning, so I'm sad to say I'll have the oldest leaf at the event!

-driveleaf

Has anyone else in Florida been given a delivery date yet?

Once we start seeing those, I'm more than happy to start suggesting drive-in meet ups. The city of Winter Garden has 4 L2 chargers, with L1 outlets attached.

2 of them are in the farmers market parking lot. How many of us are within range of that lot?

-driveleaf

My dashboard simply reads "December 2011" for delivery. I'd love to meet up someday, but I'm in South Florida, out of range, unless they start putting QC's on the Turnpike.

keydiver - I'm in South Florida too and my dashboard still says "December 2011" - so there's at least two of us who could do a South Florida meetup!

We are attempting to get some EV's together for "Plug-In Day"

6216516205_8a4c421577.jpg

originally posted in a Volt forum & on Facebook, we really would
like to see a Leaf, a Tesla, a battery anything show up to promote
the cause.

Here is the Facebook invite.......

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171440009605319

I'll gladly bring my leaf. I've already parked next to GM several times, and let people ask questions about both.

-Driveleaf

Brightonuk said:
Plantation to Orlando??? :lol:

Good luck with that :eek:

I'm trying to figure out how I can go visit my sister in Pompano Beach and then make it home to Kendall. I could plug in 110 at her house but then I'd have to spend the night. :lol:

OK time to find out we all are and if we can get together in December, (It seems to be the date that most of us will taking delivery)

Plantation
Leased a Super Black SL
Weston Nissan
Delivery Was November now December

Already installed a BLINK and purchased the FIAMM 74100 El Grande horn upgrade, HID Fog lights and all the LED bulbs to replace the incandesces as well as replacement rubber floormats, splashguards, trunk saver and doorsills.

The wife is laughing at me, as I do not even have a car and questioning my sanity for modding a leased car.

We finally got to drive the Volt today. We thought it drove nicely but sitting inside it felt very small to us. Also, the car was not charged so we drove it using the gas generator and we thought that the generator was very loud. So looks like we'll be waiting to see what the Tesla Model S or the plug in Prius are like for our second car. Now if only our Leaf would get here already!

I'm sure that you are going to love it. If I had to use
the back seats I would have stayed with the Leaf also.
Had a great ride in Orlando when they came by with the
tour.

Back