Flashlight on the pistol grip of the charger EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Err, the new 2013 Leaf built in TN will have a light inside charge area...
Oh we'll, I'm used to plugging n in the dark. Worst case, my phone has a "flashlight!"

Stukid said:
Err, the new 2013 Leaf built in TN will have a light inside charge area...
Oh we'll, I'm used to plugging n in the dark. Worst case, my phone has a "flashlight!"

I was going to add a light to the port on our MY2013 leaf but when we got it I notice that there was one already there... and it's nice. Retrofit for previous years?

I found myself in the situation of the charge port being too dark to properly plug in the EVSE a while ago. My solution? Turn on the car lights. The light reflected off the wall was more than enough to illuminate the charge port and allow me to complete the connection.

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:
I found myself in the situation of the charge port being too dark to properly plug in the EVSE a while ago. My solution? Turn on the car lights. The light reflected off the wall was more than enough to illuminate the charge port and allow me to complete the connection.

Cheers, Bert
my charge port on the car has a small light

apvbguy said:
my charge port on the car has a small light
Yes, all of the 2013's do, and I find the light works very well. None of the earlier cars have that feature, and indeed the only use I ever made of the automatic headlight feature on my 2011 was to let the light stay on for half a minute while I plugged the car in. (I park outdoors.)

Ray

planet4ever said:
and indeed the only use I ever made of the automatic headlight feature on my 2011 was to let the light stay on for half a minute while I plugged the car in. (I park outdoors.)
Unfortunately for us "downunder," Nissan Australia didn't tick the "Headlight Courtesy Delay" build option so that isn't an option for me.

Leigh

Hmm, I just posted a similar tip, but what I did to help out was use white nail polish to outline the charge port, it makes it way easier to "aim" the plug in dim light.

I'm heading to Lowes for some house paint (to paint my clipper creek L2 charger's electrical connection cord, which is black) so I might as well check for that sylvannia light too.

Thanks for the tip!

Back