Extend your Complimentary Blink EV Station Service and Maint

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baumgrenze

When we bought our 2012 Leaf (December 2011) we elected to participate in the Bay Area Air Quality Management District's (BAAQMD) Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Readiness Plan. Included in the plan was a Blink Level 2 charger and a budget for getting it installed.

I remember some past threads where others expressed concern that Ecotality (the former owner of the Blink network) extended the contract unilaterally. Today I received an invitation to extend the contract through December 2015. The invitation is opt in.

I'd love to hear the pros and cons of voluntarily extending the contract another year.

If we don't opt-in, do they reclaim the Blink EVSE, or is it ours to keep until it fails? I believe I recall a message saying that they were unilaterally reducing the charging rate because the connecting cord had overheated under some circumstances.

Are there better, more efficient options now available than the Blink?

FWIW, we do all our charging at home. Fully 90+% of our driving is short-haul driving where range is not an issue. We still have our 2004 Prius as a longer range vehicle for the rest of our driving.

Back