ECOtality Installs First Blink® DC Fast Charging Station

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ecotality are installing 2 Blink DC quick chargers in Tennessee that I know of at Cracker Barrell restaurants, maybe some that I don't know about. We may get the 12 we were promised by year end :) Neither one will the first in Tennessee, the Eaton charger in Chattanooga at the Murphy Express Gas Station gets that recognition. Glad to see a gas station having the gumption to install a quick charge unit.

richard said:
TonyWilliams said:
Great news! I think I'll drive over to our potential first Blink DC charger install in San Diego and get an update.

Where's this going to be, Tony?

Apparently, number one, if completed, will be south of downtown. The one I thought would be first might actually be second. Just got a very encouraging note concerning that install (east of downtown).

They've been haggling over this one since May 2011. Some very basic information had not even been figured out. But, I hope that I've facilitated enough to get this install "over the hump".

Tony

TonyWilliams said:
I hope that I've facilitated enough to get this install "over the hump".
Thank you for your efforts. Hopefully one of those Fast Chargers will be installed by the time we get around to visiting San Diego in our LEAF! Of course, a Fast Charger in Temecula or thereabouts will be even more helpful for San Diego trips.

abasile said:
TonyWilliams said:
I hope that I've facilitated enough to get this install "over the hump".
Thank you for your efforts. Hopefully one of those Fast Chargers will be installed by the time we get around to visiting San Diego in our LEAF! Of course, a Fast Charger in Temecula or thereabouts will be even more helpful for San Diego trips.

Yes, thanks Tony! +1

And yes, abasile. We need to split the difference between the Cypress quick charger and this new one. Temecula would cover I-15. Something on either side of Camp Pendleton (San Clemente or Oceanside) would be great for those traveling I-5 or PCH.

Something will happen in Oceanside. Who will do it, I don't know yet, but plenty of folks with potential recognize this. For our owner group self funded DC charger, this is the umber one repeated site.

The gentlemen I'm communicating with would consider helping us (or us helping him) in this endeavor.

Our two will be online soon and I'm going to charge to 80%, 90%, and 100%. Early on, I read that QCs would shut off at 80% and that you would have to restart it to charge a higher %, but the Blink can be set from the beginning to any one of these percentages. Since I have an SOC gauge, I will take notes and report back here.

LEAFfan said:
Our two will be online soon and I'm going to charge to 80%, 90%, and 100%. Early on, I read that QCs would shut off at 80% and that you would have to restart it to charge a higher %, but the Blink can be set from the beginning to any one of these percentages. Since I have an SOC gauge, I will take notes and report back here.
Per the Nissan Leaf service manual, if the SOC is below 50% when you start a DC Quick Charge, the car will stop the charging process once it reaches 80%. You can immediately restart charging to go to 100%. Something tells me the Blink will respect the car's wishes if it asks to stop charging...

Back