EVSE Upgrade - Green Drive Expo show special

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda far for me to drive. What's the chance of me getting a "Show Special" for attending in spirit? I would be happy to order your mod today. PM me if you like.

TRONZ said:
Kinda far for me to drive. What's the chance of me getting a "Show Special" for attending in spirit? I would be happy to order your mod today. PM me if you like.
same here will do upgrade with discount no way to make from OK to CA today. PM me.

When are you doing a show in LA/OC CA?
I would love to exchange on the spot. Otherwise I will be sending it in after I have secured another charging source.

You guys missed a cool show!

A "show special" is just that, intended to promote the event (which is a GREAT cause BTW) and generate awareness. There were several perks to in-person sales, such as no shipping charges, and also "instant upgrade" that aren't possible to offer online.

Just to show good will and so you all don't feel left out, we will go ahead and offer the show special free 120v adapter ($25 value) or free Pigtail ($20 value) with any purchase completed before midnight on sunday night. Make you purchase online, and simply reply to the email we send out (not paypal's email) with "Show Special Discount" in the body and we will refund your ONE adapter or pigtail purchase.

Thanks!

-Phil

I'm going to wait on jwallace's $20 upgrade. I know someone that has done the upgrade safely (for himself), but he said it would cost $90 (which is still less expensive than the +$240 one) and it's more complicated than jwallace's conversion, so I'm glad I waited. It sounds like I will be able to do jwallace's myself.

LEAFfan said:
I'm going to wait on jwallace's $20 upgrade. I know someone that has done the upgrade safely (for himself), but he said it would cost $90 (which is still less expensive than the +$240 one) and it's more complicated than jwallace's conversion, so I'm glad I waited. It sounds like I will be able to do jwallace's myself.
I would love to see Phil participate in that thread by jwallace to offer his opinion on whether it's worth bypassing some of the safety features of the Panasonic EVSE to keep the upgrade to a minimum of $20 or not.

There's also a lot of confusion about whether there are any component on the potted board not rated for 240V or not. Some people thought that Phil had to depot and repot the board to replace a couple of marginal components for 240V (hence the high cost of the upgrade), but jwallace and chris1howell (in another thread) maintain that all components on the board are fully rated for 240V so there's no need to depot anything on the board. I'd like some clarification from Phil to settle this issue once and for all.

If I decide not to keep the car after 3 years, I will have to give back my 120V EVSE so I didn't want any permanent changes done to it. Jwallace said his mod won't make any changes that can't be put back to the original so besides the inexpensive cost, this is what I really need.

LEAFfan said:
If I decide not to keep the car after 3 years, I will have to give back my 120V EVSE so I didn't want any permanent changes done to it. ...
No problems with that. I am confident that if the situation arises, I can coordinate a swap with any number of local MyNissanLeaf members for their unmodded unit.

i am very stupid - never thought to check MNL regarding this. drove my leaf to the show and had the EVSE in the trunk. could have swapped it.

to be honest until about 20 minutes before the event i thought this was a toyota event similar to the nissan drive electric tour.

Back