Every LEAF is getting floor and cargo mats?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omkar said:
Just another data point. I did not order floor mats, but mine came with them and no, they were not free.

So they forced you to pay for something you didn't order? Wow, that's a first!

No Prius ever had a demonstrable acceleration problem. There was one event involving the Lexus that crashed in San Diego. That was attributed to an aftermarket floor mat. So my Prius came with a modification--they put an eyelet in the mat and anchored it to the floor with a plastic "T" strap. This was in 2009. It seems unlikely the news has just reached Nissan. Yet my new LEAF has the same anchor. (Yes, it was delivered with mats, and without issue...if you don't count being 2 months late an issue...)

So, I sense this neighbor of a friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing going on there. And after you garble the message a bit, then make up some stuff to fill it back in, maybe you get a story like the one they told you.

My wife points out that they probably read the forum, and for amusement, they try out different outrageous stories, just to see how they'll play here.

omkar said:
Just another data point. I did not order floor mats, but mine came with them and no, they were not free.

Yes, I also received them when I didn't order them. I paid for the floor mats and later was called by one of the Nissan execs to see how I felt about the car. I complained to him and received a refund check Fed-Ex'd the next day. This was an early delivery (January 2011). By the way, I posted this on the Nissan LEAF Facebook page and received a few responses telling me not to complain about floor mats when most customers hadn't received their cars yet.

Ok so here's an update. I've had an extensive conversation with a supervisor named Brian today. He told me my car was indeed getting floor mats that I didn't order and that he was working to rectify the situation. He did tell me that what I had been told before regarding the installation of mats on all LEAFs as a result of a "toyota problem", was not true, and that he would work with the agent that told me this, because he shouldn't have, since it's plainly wrong and dumb. Also I have the strong feeling they really spend time on the forums because on several occasions he mentionned "as has been said in forums, etc.".

As is always the case for a CS agent he was super apologetic (after all it's not HIS fault), but could only offer a promise to call me back the same day, after he finds out why my car was receiving mats I didn't order and how the situation can be rectified so that my car gets sent "on time". We had a long conversation about the crappy service "early adopters" have been getting throughout the delivery/order process, and the majority of the horrible delivery situation we're facing. He did mention that they are definitely learning from the experience and are changing major parts of the systems/processes for the next go-round. I told him that's little consolation for us early adopters, and that although I am sure the vehicle is a fine product and I will love it, the entire process left a really sour taste in my, and many others' mouths. I tried to hint at some form of compensation, giving him my opinion that Nissan should treat its early adopters well, rather than leave them in the dust, but I am sure there's nothing they (CS) can do about it. In the end, if the product is truly great, they won't need us early adopters at all, except as "guinea pigs" for their terrible first process.

So people who didn't order car mats are getting them (and being asked to pay for them), people who ordered them aren't getting their cars because they are short of car mats!!!!!

My thoughts exactly......to be fair though, floor mats were one of those parts, whose production was affected by the earthquake. So if your car is getting mats (whether you wanted to or not), and it got out of Japan before the earthquake, it may not be waiting in LB for mats that are delayed because of the earthquake.......

Another data point, I didn't order floor mats and they were not provided when I picked up my car. I thought I had ordered them when I ordered my car, but they never showed up as an option or accessory.

They do seem like they would be one of the easiest things to remove and refuse to pay for if so inclined.

I agree, but if having them put in delays delivery by as much as I've seen, I don't even want them in the first place.....

For a contrast, I was one of the early adopters of the Prius and Toyota went overboard to give us presents. When after about 12,000 miles, they were dissatisfied with the tires, we were told to go out and buy new tires which they would pay for. After a little while, they decided that they did not like the brand of tires that I bought and told me to turn them in at the dealer's for a new set of Bridgestones.

Wow! That's the way to treat early adopters! Somehow I don't think Nissan will do that. It certainly hasn't shown much appreciation towards its early adopters....

scharlj said:
Ok so here's an update. I've had an extensive conversation with a supervisor named Brian today.

I talked to Brian a week ago or so and he told me he would call me back in a day or two. He never did which is typical for Nissan. I hope that story about 'shortage of floor mats' is bogus because that's a really stupid reason not to release the LEAFs for shipment. I ordered end of Sept. and it's been in port since March 22. If anyone deserves 'compensation', it's I.

Well Brian did call me back, twice today. He's been surprisingly honest and open for a CS supervisor. He seems genuinely intent on discovering what went wrong with my car and accelerating delivery. He did show proactive behavior and promised to call me back again tomorrow to let me know progress. We'll see, but so far I have to say I am positively impressed by Brian. Time will tell, but today I definitely had a very different feeling talking to him.

scharlj said:
Well Brian did call me back, twice today. He's been surprisingly honest and open for a CS supervisor. He seems genuinely intent on discovering what went wrong with my car and accelerating delivery. He did show proactive behavior and promised to call me back again tomorrow to let me know progress. We'll see, but so far I have to say I am positively impressed by Brian. Time will tell, but today I definitely had a very different feeling talking to him.
Yeah, but why in the world would it take him, or any CS supervisor, more than an hour to resolve a problem like this.

Let's see Brian gets off the phone with you, picks up his Nissan list of important phone numbers and looks up the number for the Nissan port facility (about 10 seconds), he then calls and talks to the supervisor at the port and says 'Hey Jim Bob remember when I asked you about that Leaf with the floor mats, well it turns out I spoke to the customer and he didn't order them and doesn't want them, so please take them out' (1 minute). Jim Bob then looks up his list of cars, gets on his radio and calls one of his guys on the lot and tells him to remove the mats from the car in space XYZ, after a little wait the guy radios back and says 'done, mats gone' (5 minutes). Bob then calls Brian to tell him mission accomplished (1 minute). Brian says 'Thanks, and by the way my customer has been waiting for weeks and weeks for a car that is ready to ship, can you please put it on a truck', Jim Bob says 'Sure I'll have one of my guys today put it on the next truck to his dealer' (1 minute). Brian calls Scharlj back with good news (1 minute). Done and done less than 10 minutes.

ttweed said:
Our car came without floor mats and we ordered them the first week in April. We are still waiting for them. They are out of stock and "backordered nationally" according to the dealer.
We got a call from the dealer today that our backordered floor mats just arrived, so any supply problem there may have been must be over.

TT

scharlj said:

That's nice. I'm positively UNimpressed with Brian.

LEAFfan said:
scharlj said:

That's nice. I'm positively UNimpressed with Brian.

Well I am starting to feel that way again. Yesterday he was really good, and promised me he'd call again today to "check in" and "relate progress". And of course today came and went.....one more promise unkept. I guess I am done hoping now.

They did not come with my car, delivery was 4/21. I am still waiting to for floor mats I ordered. The cargo mat came in 2 weeks ago, splash guards came in yesterday.

Back