Every LEAF is getting floor and cargo mats?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We picked our LEAF up last night (Friday 13th....). I asked if Nissan was now providing floor mats and should my price be adjusted. I was told no they were not. They showed me an email that said 15-20 cars were going to be released without the floor mats. The sales manager said there is a problem getting the mats and offered this email he received as proof. I then asked him if that meant they were going to provide the mats inclusive in the price going forward and he said no, this list of cars was just a portion of the ones they had been waiting for. The impression I have is that a number of cars were being held hoping the mats would catch up to the car.

So I paid my money and drove home knowing that likely the carpet under the mats will stay cleaner than just about anything else in the car.

i think all of us should spend a week working in customer service first.

this thing about "pick up the phone" call such and such....ya right.

the level of information varies widely and if you dont believe or trust what you were told. hang up and call again. talk to 3 different people, listen carefully, then disseminate the information and determine your situation. ya, its that bad. but you will find it no different ANYWHERE else.

you are talking to a rep that sits in front of a computer screen accessing a data base with your information. there is no gray in what they see. its all canned responses since they really cant tell you what you want to hear simply because they dont have that information, so they tell you as much. you do not accept what they are telling you, so they ad-live, paraphase or simply repeat the original information

i work in customer service. i receive calls from customers but i do not call anyone. that would simply be employing another customer service team. i email. that is how its done. PERIOD

i send emails that are supposed to have a 24-48 hour turnaround. some do on a regular basis and they are only standard escalated issues.

problem is, with new products, there is probably no standard. so you have a team in another department who who filter and forward emails somewhere else. they will have the power and ability to resolve about 30-50% of the emails (keeping in mind that about 25-50% of the resolved emails will simply be returned to sender because they were either invalid or sent to the wrong place)

i think what we fail to realize is the Leaf delivery issues are most likely common thru-out the auto industry, but what experience do we have on this?

we dont. we normally go to the dealership and buy what we see. what we dont know is the HELL the dealership went thru to get the cars they have to sell. if you do not believe me, try a special order vehicle FROM ANY MANUFACTURER. how long will it take? you might get lucky and find that your "special" order is not all that special and receive one in a few weeks.

but if your order is actually unique. plan on months of waiting.

as far as other auto manufacturers. i was the first in WA State to get a 2010 Prius. i received just short of 2 years ago (May 17, 2009). i got it under a special discounted program announced in jan, ordered in feb.

they only stated that it would take 2-3 months for delivery. we only had 3 package options to choose from, but they were giving very nice discounts.

then there was ZERO feedback until the dealer called me the first week of May to tell me my car was in port. in fact, when i called my dealer to check on the status, they had no clue as to what i was talking about or the program discount i was receiving.

DaveinOlyWA said:
we dont. we normally go to the dealership and buy what we see. what we dont know is the HELL the dealership went thru to get the cars they have to sell. if you do not believe me, try a special order vehicle FROM ANY MANUFACTURER. how long will it take? you might get lucky and find that your "special" order is not all that special and receive one in a few weeks.
You should be able to track your order step-by-step. The steps are by code, so you have to understand what the codes mean, but the order, manufacturing, and delivery process should be quite well defined. Nissan may not have this sophisticated a tracking system or it may be that once the cars leave for the port the tracking ends. Obviously the CS representatives have some tracking information but it seems fragmentary.

DaveinOlyWA said:
if you do not believe me, try a special order vehicle FROM ANY MANUFACTURER. how long will it take? you might get lucky and find that your "special" order is not all that special and receive one in a few weeks.

but if your order is actually unique. plan on months of waiting.
Nope. I've special-ordered cars before, with unique factory builds, and none were as dysfunctional as Nissan's. I'm not saying it was FAST, but I was informed and aware of progress and ETA.

Really.

If you want to see how it can be done, talk to someone who ordered a Corvette, or a Mini Cooper, or a BMW.

2011. Order tracking is a solved problem, folks. Nissan just doesn't want to do it.

The Subaru I'm driving now, I ordered custom 12 years ago. I didn't get daily updates, but it didn't take all that long from order to delivery, the estimated duration my dealer gave me was pretty spot-on, and said dealer kept me up-to-date when there was info to relay.

The order methodology seemed about as up-to-date as possible, too, as I'd gotten my invoice pricing and dealer contact from edmunds.com, told said dealer what I wanted to pay, he said "OK". He wrote out the deal I wanted, put in the order, and it went without a hitch.

You'd think over 12 years, things would only get better, as far as manufacturing and delivery process management goes. Maybe some places, but apparently not at Nissan.

Back