dumb question about quick charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SageBrush said:
208 volts it is on a WYE when measured between two 120 volt legs. All I needed was to add vectors correctly :oops:

Thanks to Gerry for the kind redirection.
Which is why basically all commercial power(larger places that use 3-phase) only have 208v instead of what we have at home, 120v/240v. To get a true 240v at a commercial building that uses 3 phase they need to have a special 240v transformer, which would only be used in cases where they truly needed 240v and not an equivalent 208v.
Lighting and high current draw devices on a 3-phase building could be 277v per leg or 480v between any 2 of the 3 legs of the transformer. Buildings that I've seen that use 480v have a 480v transformer outside the building and 3-phase 480v to 120/208v transformer/s inside the building to supply wall outlets and things that require 120v or 208v. Rooms that have the 480v to 208v transformers often get quite warm and require an exhaust fan or even cooling. Such rooms are a nice place to warm up in the winter after shoveling outside in sub-zero temps ;)

Back