Do dealers stock the Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seans

Hi all,
I am new here. I have been looking into purchasing a leaf. After taking one for a test drive I was surprised to find that the 3 local dealers I called stated that the Leaf is not stocked and they MUST be ordered. All implied that Nissan didn't allow them to stock the cars (other than the demos). Do I just need to make more calls? If, so is there an easy way to find new (non-demo) inventory?
I live north of Philadelphia around Blue Bell PA.

Thanks for any help!

Yeah, you can find orphaned cars (cars that the person that ordered it changed their mind when it came in).

Don't be afraid to look at dealers far away for orphans. You may be able to find some from dealers offering discounts so you can end up getting one shipped to your door cheaper than if you were to go to a local dealer.

No there is no stock yet. Although there are a few orphans around from orders that were not picked up.
Not all dealers have them. I suggest going ahead with an order. It is only a few months wait.
Otherwise ask to get on the orphan list.

1st Nissan of Simi Valley, CA. Has two on the lot (black, silver)... A bit of a drive back for you though...
:cool:

I found the Edmunds site to be very helpful when looking for a local dealer with LEAFs in stock. Go to this page and click on View Inventory under 2011 or 2012. You may find a few orphans nearby that way. Of course, you'll still have to call to find out whether they are demos or really orphans.

I was told last night that our local dealer (Keene NH) is going to have 3 orphan LEAFS come in, in the next 4 weeks. If you check with Ken G, tell him Jim sent you. He will know who I am. :D

As of this month, Nissan will be discontinuing the pre-ordering of the LEAF, at least in CA. We're due to get about 16 of them in a couple weeks. We have a few on hand now, but I'm getting lots of calls and giving test drives, so I don't think I'll have any trouble selling them.

baronvonshush said:
I found the Edmunds site to be very helpful when looking for a local dealer with LEAFs in stock. Go to this page and click on View Inventory under 2011 or 2012. You may find a few orphans nearby that way. Of course, you'll still have to call to find out whether they are demos or really orphans.

BTW, Edmund's is now showing market prices for used LEAFs. Below is calculated for a 2011 SL with 7,300 miles, in "outstanding" condition.

I'd suggest you take these prices with a grain of salt, but it does look like good news for all LEAF owners, RE the LEAFs very good retained value, and suggest, for buyers, that you won't save much-if anything-by buying used, yet.

Trade-In Total
$28,354

Private Party
$30,044

Dealer Retail
$31,409

Loughead Nissan in Swarthmore, PA has stock.
When I ordered mine, he ordered a couple extra.

Last I checked, he had a 2012 silver, 2012 Blue, and a 2012 White.
He also has Aeronvironment chargers (EVSE, yes, I know) in stock to avoid the hassle of dealing with them.

Great dealer, easy to deal with.

And I know for a fact you can easily make Blue Bell on a charge.
Drove to wings field and back in eco mode, no problem.

Good luck

My dealer, Nissan of Keene, told me two weeks ago that they had bought three orphans and expected them to arrive in 4 weeks. Tell Ken, Jim M sent you.

http://www.puyallupnissan.com/puyallup-new-cars/refineChange/1/10/~/Model_~ModelActual_~ExteriorColor_/Model/Leaf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back