DIODE FIXED!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
winfried said:
- Pilot:
Resistance: 4 MOhm (+ on Earth), no resistance (- on earth)
Diode Test: no connection (+ on earth), 1.77V (- on earth)
Those readings seem normal, although I don't know why you get "no resistance" with positive on the control pilot pin (negative on earth).

Since, stated before, resistance of the pilot-ground should be low in one direction, but is not.
? "No resistance" is "low in one direction", is it not?

I think that this is yet another case of "it's not the diode". So something not quite as simple.

Is it possible to make a measurement of the pre-charge resistors, equivalent to the below for the iMiEV? It will not be 9.4 ohm for the Leaf, since it has 3 resistors to the iMiEV's 2, but open circuit pre-charge resistors are a common failure mode with the iMiEV OBCs.

The 1/2 ohm measurement is when the relay is energised; ignore that for now.

file.php

Thanks for the hint.

coulomb said:
winfried said:
- Pilot:
Those readings seem normal, although I don't know why you get "no resistance" with positive on the control pilot pin (negative on earth).

Since, stated before, resistance of the pilot-ground should be low in one direction, but is not.
? "No resistance" is "low in one direction", is it not?
Yes, one direction 4MOhm and the other no connection "0L", when I do the diode test mode, I see 1.77V in one direction, "0L" no connection in the other. The diode D547 on the board measure in diode test "0.7V" and "0L" and as resistance 4MOhm even they are two and I am not sure the same type, maybe a fast in parallel.

05-inspection-platine-34.jpg

coulomb said:
Is it possible to make a measurement of the pre-charge resistors, equivalent to the below for the iMiEV? It will not be 9.4 ohm for the Leaf, since it has 3 resistors to the iMiEV's 2, but open circuit pre-charge resistors are a common failure mode with the iMiEV OBCs.

The 1/2 ohm measurement is when the relay is energised; ignore that for now.
Thanks, I will measure resistors in the next days and report back.

winfried said:
Yes, one direction 4MOhm and the other no connection "0L",
Oh. OL is "no conduction", not "no resistance"; no resistance is zero ohms.

The resistance measurements aren't terribly meaningful in this circuit, as the voltage will be too low to turn on the diode. 4M ohm in the reverse direction indicates a bit of leakage, but that would not be significant here. [ Edit: Although IF the diode was shorted, then the resistance measurements should make that obvious, as you'd basically see the 2.74k resistor both ways. ]

when I do the diode test mode, I see 1.77V in one direction, "0L" no connection in the other. The diode D547 on the board measure in diode test "0.7V" and "0L"
Again, both of these are normal.

and as resistance 4MOhm even they are two and I am not sure the same type, maybe a fast in parallel.
I'm not convinced that the two diodes are in parallel. It looks like the cathodes are commoned, but I think that the anode of D552 goes somewhere else. Though I can't think what it's doing.

winfried said:
MrJodie said:
winfried said:
- Pilot:

Winfried, same for me.

I lost charger yesterday.

4.3V and 4.5MOhm
I am sorry for you, what I did until so far:

- removed seats and covers to access the charger-
- I turned off high Voltage (-12V + Plug), wait for 10 Minutes
- Opened the OBC and inspected: optical everything seems to be ok (no broken condensers...)
- screw out the control board PA4063RP120 to inspect the diode in there:

The famous D547 seems to be doubled on my board and I measured, 0.64V and 0L, so it seems to be fine.
Also, other diodes near seams to behave normal (0,54-0,7V) in one direction in the other sometimes1.7V, but these could be external parts.

Anybody know where the resistors responsible for measurement of the low resistance on the board are seated ?

So I will assemble everything again, so I can Chademo charge.

PS.: Seems I have to order a used one somewhere, if I find one.

I have started to investigate Yahoo Japan for a OBC.

MrJodie said:
winfried said:
MrJodie said:
Winfried, same for me.

I lost charger yesterday.

4.3V and 4.5MOhm
I am sorry for you, what I did until so far:

- removed seats and covers to access the charger-
- I turned off high Voltage (-12V + Plug), wait for 10 Minutes
- Opened the OBC and inspected: optical everything seems to be ok (no broken condensers...)
- screw out the control board PA4063RP120 to inspect the diode in there:

The famous D547 seems to be doubled on my board and I measured, 0.64V and 0L, so it seems to be fine.
Also, other diodes near seams to behave normal (0,54-0,7V) in one direction in the other sometimes1.7V, but these could be external parts.

Anybody know where the resistors responsible for measurement of the low resistance on the board are seated ?

So I will assemble everything again, so I can Chademo charge.

PS.: Seems I have to order a used one somewhere, if I find one.

Where are you located at? If somewhere in 500 miles radius from Los Angeles, I have few chargers for exchange. Shoot me a text at 5624999091

Where are you located at? If somewhere in 500 miles radius from Los Angeles, I have few chargers for exchange. Shoot me a text at 5624999091

I am in Australia

After many months of not being able to charge the Leaf, I followed the steps and installed a diode behind the plug. The car is charging!

Here is hoping that it will continue to work.

Thank you for your guidance.

Back