DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipcecil :

I am sure that you have already posted this but to be on the safe side.

Google does not have these on their charger map.

There are 2 Blink chargers in the parking lot for Las Colinas, Irving. (it is the visitor parking area on the 2nd level of the parking lot but the first floor has no parking available, so its the 2nd floor of the structure but the 1st floor of parking -- WHEW).

The Las Colinas (Irving) parking garage is located on Las Colinas Blvd., across the street from the Omni Mandalay hotel, and it overlooks the canals (the Hotel overlooks Lake Carolyn). As you enter the parking garage, there is a ticket machine (visitor on the left and contract parking on the right). The visitor parking is straight ahead after the machines, and contract parking bears to the right and up the ramp(s). Go straight ahead to visitor parking, and as you come up the ramp, look IMMEDIATELY to your right and behind you. The TWO Blink chargers are there, with EV parking. Once you know where they are, it's easy, but we never saw them until we were leaving. The chargers face South (towards the canal) with their "backs" towards Las Colinas Blvd. and the hotel.

Most merchants will give free parking stamps on your parking ticket. So, a lunch at Subs and Stuff (yum yum) while the Leaf charges, can't get better than that, and I validate parking.

Thanks for all that you do to keep us informed.

Pipcecil said:
Updates for this week

2 modifications and 2 new stations:

Modifications:
Changed the names of two TXU stations in McKinney:

City of McKinney - Senior Center
City of McKinney - Development Center

These names are more accurate than the previous ones.

Two new stations added:

Let’s Do Lunch
Blink – Two Level 2 (J1772)
1720 Regal Row
Dallas, TX 75235

Telecore
Blink – Two Level 2 (J1772)
1600 Jay Ell Drive
Richardson, TX 75081
RESTRICTED ACCESS (2 OF 2)

alamojo said:
Pipcecil, thanks for all of your effort on this.

I work at Texas Instruments and have used some of the chargers there. Just thought you'd want to make some corrections about restricted access.

The TI Baylor Health Center chargers are NOT restricted access.

Also, all 4 of the charging areas across the street inside TI should be restricted access. Right now only one of the 4 is marked as such.

-Alan

Got it - changed stations to reflect status.

EVthinker said:
There are 2 Blink chargers in the parking lot for Las Colinas, Irving. (it is the visitor parking area on the 2nd level of the parking lot but the first floor has no parking available, so its the 2nd floor of the structure but the 1st floor of parking -- WHEW).

I am fairly certain these are the two stations are the VHA Place - I think thats the business/parking garage structure across from the mandalay. I added a statement on the marker that the stations are located on the second floor of the structure.

Pipecil:

That is correct. It is the same parking lot.

Look, we KNOW that everyone on this Board has done this, but as a newbie, this was our first try to "stick our toe in the water."

Yesterday we drove from Dallas to Denton via the Dallas North Tollway, George Bush Turnpike, I-35, back through Little Elm, and south on the Dallas North Tollway. All highway driving. We STILL LOVE our little Leaf!!! :D

First, we are still paranoid about the battery situation. We just don't push the envelope at all. We topped up 10% at the Orr Nissan dealership in Corinth. The Director of the dealership came out and we talked about the Leaf and our experiences. The salesmen were literally smokin' and jokin' with me, a LOT of back slapping, and just have the best time ever during our charge. (as for that tire that exploded on the Lexus on southbound I-35, causing a 1 day accident into the ditch, I didn't see or hear anything.). We collected my sister for lunch (off of Hwy. 380 in North Denton), took her to Carckerbarrel for lunch, and then drove to the square in Denton for a bit of shopping, back down Hwy. 380 through Little Elm (where we used the Freedom Station), and on back to Dallas by way of the Dallas North Tollway.

100 miles in our Leaf!! :shock:

Like I said, I just wanted to let our Leaf stretch her legs ("Let's stretch her legs. Take her to sea, Mr. Murdock"). Also, we have discovered that the Nissan dealerships LOVE for users to drop by for a charge.

Evthinker
Dallas

Pipcecil said:
alamojo said:
Pipcecil, thanks for all of your effort on this.

I work at Texas Instruments and have used some of the chargers there. Just thought you'd want to make some corrections about restricted access.

The TI Baylor Health Center chargers are NOT restricted access.

Also, all 4 of the charging areas across the street inside TI should be restricted access. Right now only one of the 4 is marked as such.

-Alan

Got it - changed stations to reflect status.

EVthinker said:

I am fairly certain these are the two stations are the VHA Place - I think thats the business/parking garage structure across from the mandalay. I added a statement on the marker that the stations are located on the second floor of the structure.

EVthinker said:
Like I said, I just wanted to let our Leaf stretch her legs ("Let's stretch her legs. Take her to sea, Mr. Murdock"). Also, we have discovered that the Nissan dealerships LOVE for users to drop by for a charge.
I'm not so sure that is true of all of them. Many Nissan dealers don't even have their charge stations available because they are blocked with gas cars or even Leafs. And thus when you pull in you have to ask somebody to move a car, and sometimes they are busy and don't really want to deal with you.

Ok new updates

Three new stations:

White Buffalo Properties
ChargePoint – One Level 2 (J1772), One Level 1 (NEMA5-20R)
1020 Currie Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107

Star Medical Center
ChargePoint – Two Level 2 (J1772)
4100 Mapleshade Lane
Plano, TX 75075

Hyatt Regency Dallas
SemaCharge – Two Level 2 (J1772)
300 Reunion Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75207

Note on the last station location – SemaCharge is a new EV charging company into the region and this is their first station. They operate other stations in many states, but this is the first offering in DFW. This brings the total to 6 different charging companies in the DFW region (7 if you include Tesla, but you cannot join that network).

Hi all, I'm in the DFW area and am looking into leasing a Leaf. I did a quick search on the boards and couldn't find any recent posts on what I should expect price-wise and wanted to see what you all thought. What would a good deal be on leasing a 2014 S with quick charge? The Nissan website advertises $2000 down and $199 per month, but should I expect to pay significantly more down with tax, title, and license? I have seen other posts from last year where people were getting the $2000 down and $199 a month and that included TTL. Just trying to get the best deal and wondering what is realistic. Thanks!

Welcome to MY world!

We leased our 2013 lease January 11 from Autonation on LBJ in Dallas (used to be Bankston Nissan). We could NOT have been happier!!! Our salesman (Robert Williams) is absolutely the BEST. He will answer ALL of your questions by phone (no pushy sales there) and he does not pressure you.

Okay. what to expect. YES the price is $199 and Autonation primarily carries the high charge option. You WANT this! why? Evgo charing network will give you 1 year of charge at no charge (pardon the pun). Shocking! (***did it again***). eVgo carries the high charge Freedom stations. This permits you to fully charge from less than 20% to over 85% in less than 30 minutes. The "Level 2" charge will take a LOT longer. So for a few dollars more, you get soooooo much more convenience. We primarily use the high charge when we drive to Denton or Ft. Worth, and then use Blink or Chargepoint stations a lot of the other times. From my posts you'll see that I use the home "trickle charge" (that's where you plug the charger that comes with the Leaf into your home electrical socket and charge it overnight). Heck, after 2 years, it's Nissan's car, so why worry about the battery issues.

We did the add-ons:coverage for a broken or cracked windshield, bumper to bumper coverage or excessive use or stains (yeah, too many dings from car doors, or when someone keys the car, or that stain on the carpets. Nissan will cover). Our payment is about $260 a month. So YES, you can get a lease for 3 years at $199, but the add ons will increase your payment. Up to you - - we thought it was money well spent.

NOW here is MORE free advise: Nissan's deal is a 3 year lease for $199. You can get a TWO year lease for $216!!! Yeah, $17 more per month, and a year off of the lease. We did the 24 month.

Here is where I will get foggy on ya. We were TOLD but am not sure - -after the two years, Nissan MIGHT give you the option to just keep paying your monthly payment on a month to month basis. I'll believe it when I see it. However, after the lease, we might get another one!!! So, we'll cross that bridge when we get there in 22 months, but it might be an option.

pa2012, you need to RETHINK your driving habits and be prepared for people to come up and ask you about the Leaf. Happens to us ALL the time! We have just come back from driving from North Dallas to Frisco and back this afternoon. Just to have lunch at the Pizzeria in front of Frisco Town Hall. You would not normally do this what with gas at $3.36 a gallon. Cost us only the toll on the DNT. We charged up at a Blink station behind Cinemark theaters in Frisco while we ate lunch, and at the most, it was $1.

We absolutely LOVE our LEAF. Yes, we're on a 24 month lease, but we just are over the moon. DFW is #2 in the US for the most charging points per 100,000 population (Portland is #1). So, from a mad and crazy Leaf Lover, go for it!!! The service at Autonation is wonderful too.

pa2012 said:
Hi all, I'm in the DFW area and am looking into leasing a Leaf. I did a quick search on the boards and couldn't find any recent posts on what I should expect price-wise and wanted to see what you all thought. What would a good deal be on leasing a 2014 S with quick charge? The Nissan website advertises $2000 down and $199 per month, but should I expect to pay significantly more down with tax, title, and license? I have seen other posts from last year where people were getting the $2000 down and $199 a month and that included TTL. Just trying to get the best deal and wondering what is realistic. Thanks!

I just leased my 2nd one from Autonation, Lewisville. With zero money down, for 24 months you should be able to get an 'S' for less than $250/month and an SV for less than $280/month and with no disposition fee.

I have helped quite a few of my friends lease their Leaf. PM me and I can give you a run down of the typical BS you can avoid when talking to a salesman.

Jay

Pipcecil said:
Ok new updates

White Buffalo Properties
1020 Currie Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Are you sure about this one? I added it to plugshare a few days ago when I saw this update. But somebody just posted on plugshare that they could not find the station.

adric22 said:
Pipcecil said:
Ok new updates

White Buffalo Properties
1020 Currie Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Are you sure about this one? I added it to plugshare a few days ago when I saw this update. But somebody just posted on plugshare that they could not find the station.

pretty sure on that one. It may be in a garage for the apartment complex - the whole development is pretty new (even my latest aerials at work don't show it built), so it was very difficult to locate the potential location at all. What I am sure about - its owned by the company that owns this complex and another (down the street) and the station was listed as coupled with this property specifically. I have found that apartment charging stations are the most difficult to locate - I always have a hard time finding them.

Pipcecil said:
New updates
Dallas City Hall – L2 Parking Garage
Blink – One Level 2 (J1772)
1500 Marilla Street
Dallas, TX 75201

Where the heck is that? There are no parking garages next to city hall, and they already have two TXU stations there.

Tried out the (3) new L2 EVSE's the city of Farmer's Branch installed outside their City Hall complex off Valley View Road (near I-35E). There's no covering, so I don't know how they'll hold up to the elements, but they are easily accessible and (best of all) free!

adric-

I believe that they are talking about the underground parking at Dallas City Hall, 1500 Marilla.

There is only one way in and out of the parking garage. Young street runs East and West on the North side of Dallas City Hall, between the Public Library and City Hall. You MUST be driving Eastbound on Young, and just as you get to the traffic light in front of City Hall, there is a down ramp. Take the ramp down, and there is multi-level parking there.

I don't know what they charge for parking there. If you're West bound on Young, you can make a legal u-turn, and come back to the down ramp.

Hope that this helps.

EVthinker

that is right about the city of dallas garage. I only know abou it since that is where we park for meetings for my work. We have meetings at dallas city hall quite frequently. The bonus is that you are able to access all points of city hall from there (city hall was built quite weird and you can't access all locations from the front door). So our meetings usually result in going down to the underground lot and accessing a specific enterance to get where we need to go :D

Stanton said:
Tried out the (3) new L2 EVSE's the city of Farmer's Branch installed outside their City Hall complex off Valley View Road (near I-35E). There's no covering, so I don't know how they'll hold up to the elements, but they are easily accessible and (best of all) free!

I am pretty sure I don't have those on the map yet. What network are the stations in?

Pipcecil said:
that is right about the city of dallas garage. I only know abou it since that is where we park for meetings for my work. We have meetings at dallas city hall quite frequently. The bonus is that you are able to access all points of city hall from there (city hall was built quite weird and you can't access all locations from the front door). So our meetings usually result in going down to the underground lot and accessing a specific enterance to get where we need to go :D

Wow.. I've parked at city hall a dozen times, and I never knew there was underground parking!

Pipcecil said:
Stanton said:

I am pretty sure I don't have those on the map yet. What network are the stations in?

None: the city just plopped (3) L2 Aero Environment EVSE's down in their parking lot.

Back