Hello and deep(er) dive

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerFlocker

Hi Forum!

I picked up a used 2018 Leaf just recently and so far am pretty excited! We were originally on the hunt for a Gen1 but when a pre-hailed SL trim was available (almost) within our budget we took the opportunity.

It has some 66k miles on the clock and the battery SOH is so so. One thing I've noticed though is a slight clicking noise/feeling when torque is put on the wheels after a load change. In other words, when I accelerate after having used the ePedal to stop, there's a noticable clicking sound/feel, as if there is some clearance where there should be a snug fit at one of the driving shafts. This also happens when the torque on the wheels reverses it's direction, i.e. when going from acceleration to deceleration. I think I can prevent it when I am very careful to not put too much torque on the system.

I thought I'd ask here if that may be a common issue before I jack up the car and go looking for myself. I also anticipate it being difficult to find as the torque must be substantial to make it click.

I have two more technical questions but probably should put those in a separate thread.

Cheers,
Florian

Mis-torqued axle bolts area a known issue with the Gen I Leaf - and the Gen II is about 70% the same car. I'm not sure if they are experiencing the same frequency of occurrence, though.

Here's the TBS, NTB12-055H, and a link to the issue being discussed; http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=12121&start=120

Back