DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Staque said:
Does GE actually operate the GE WattStations at the stadium?

I mean if I went to Hertz and they rented me a Toyota Camry with 4 flat tires, I wouldn't complain to Toyota.

Yes. I know what you're getting at, but the Cowboy's can't fix EVSE's anymore than Kroger or Walgreens can. It's GE's network and at least they seemed to take responsibility for it.

adric22 said:
I would actually like to hear the boring details. I actually drove by and took a look at those stations and took a photo for plugshare. But I never actually plugged in. I do have a GE card so I should have access to them.

Here's the bottom line for all of us: since they are "free" (juice paid for by Cowboys) they are going to configure these (4) EVSE's to "plug in and work"--no apps, cards, calls required--without any authorization. I'm going to keep my account, etc., but it can't get any easier than that; I'll let everyone know when they report back to me.

Friday Updates

One remova', one modification, and two new stations:

Mod:
Moved Half Price Books (ChargePoint) to the right location in the parking lot

Removal:
EV Autos (Blink) – removed from the map (assumed private now)

New Stations:

TI SC Bldg Lot #10
Blink – Two Level 2 (J1772)
13592 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75243

IKEA – Frisco
Blink – Three Level 2 (J1772)
Frisco, TX 75035

Pipcecil said:
Friday Updates
IKEA – Frisco
Frisco, TX 75035

I used one of these last weekend. It worked fine, but the spots have no EV signage, just the normal IKEA 'Family Friendly' paint and signs. They are not too close to the entrance, so they may not get iced.

Garland City hall Blink chargers (2) are not there anymore as that whole parking lot has been ripped out for some construction activity.

Pipcecil said:
Friday Updates

One remova', one modification, and two new stations:
Thanks again for maintaining this list, it is a very useful tool.

May I offer a suggestion on the accompanying white paper? It would be cool if there were a link under each charging vendor that would take you to a map of just their charging stations. Is it possible to do that without maintaining multiple maps?

I will add the map info to the white paper on my next update. The white paper was more directed on how to charge (i.e. where to sign up, the cost, etc.) since it can be confusing for many people, which is why I didn't add the maps in the first place. The only one I cannot is TXU since their account is done through AV's system and you have to have a login to get access (by getting a fob). eVgo, I check this way (since its also AV) and through their public website, but as with TXU's system, I cannot post the AV portion. At least they have a public site though!

Did an overnight trip last weekend out of Love Field and parked in the EV spots and charged my Leaf for FREE in Terminal A. Didn't see any other EV's; when I came out my car was still plugged in--for 1 day, 8 hours and 20 minutes!

Stanton said:
Did an overnight trip last weekend out of Love Field and parked in the EV spots and charged my Leaf for FREE in Terminal A. Didn't see any other EV's; when I came out my car was still plugged in--for 1 day, 8 hours and 20 minutes!

I love those spots. Nice and close to the terminal, too!

Interesting on the cars listed:

No ford fusion energi despite being sold here for awhile
No Smart fortwo ED - although these are fairly new
Inclusion of the RAV4 EV since its technically not available in Texas
No Fisker Karmas despite having a dealership in fort worth

its been awhile since there has been any new stations or changes:

Two new stations:

Garland Fire Admin Parking
1500 Texas 66
Garland, TX 75040

North Branch Library
Blink – Two Level 2 (J1772)
3020 North Locust Street
Denton, TX 76209

jhm614 said:
Gotta love the rain. Average pack temp is 80.4 this afternoon!

Noticed that too when I picked up my car at the airport: around 81 degrees F. By the time I drove home (hit VLB after an airport RT of about 65 miles), it was all the way up to 88 degrees.

See everyone @Plug-in Day next Saturday!

I noticed we have rain forecast for Saturday, our plug-in day event. The weatherman is usually wrong around here in Texas, so I hope he is wrong about this.

A couple of notes from the (Love) field:

1) On Wednesday, for the first time ever, I parked next to another Leaf in the wild! At the Blink Chargers on floor 3 in Garage A at Love Field.

2) The chargers are still free.

3) There are 6 spaces reserved for EVs but only 2 chargers.

4) When I returned, the red Leaf was gone but a black Tesla Model S was across from me.

5) While leaving the garage, I passed another black Tesla Model S and 5! Volts clustered around the charges on floor 1.

EVs seemed alive and well in Dallas yesterday! Made me grin all the way home!

Back