DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay for a non-eVgo L3 charger!!!! Now, we just need some on the north side of town (Plano/Frisco/Allen/McKinney), some on the south side of town (downtown Dallas or a bit further) and some in the middle (mid-cities/Irving). C'mon Blink!!! :)

garygTx said:
Wow, I need to try this charger! I don't know when I will though, as I don't want to QC when the battery is over 90 degrees.

I did this today and the battery temp went to 9 bars. Probably shouldn't have done that.

9163011672_a649533902.jpg

I would have guessed you QC'd multiple times. As a very heavy user of QCs regardless of temperatures I have never seen 9 bars myself (only 8). eight was achived doing two QC's within a couple of hours, and one topping off to near 100% (the last one) in 100+ temperatures.

Honestly, if you QC once and stop it at 80% (most of the DC fast will stop there even though it says 90%), you shouldn't raise your temperatures more than one bar (if it even raises at all). Don't let temperatures prevent you from using it, most of the time, even in 100+ temperatures, I never gain a temperature bar.

I'm not sure why it went so high. I had run to the charger at lunch and only charged to 80%. When I got home it was showing 9 bars. I think it was at 7 when I started charging and was at 8 when it finished charging. It gained one more on the way home. I can't remember but I think I was around 10% when I started the charge. That might have had something to do with it.

I did QC twice on Sunday, once from about 50% to 80% around noon, then again later in the evening from around 30% to 80%. The temperature never went above 7 bars. It was cooler yesterday than it was on Friday, though.

Hmm very curious...Charging from 10% capacity does nothing extra for the heat, its the final top end that causes the most heat with QCing. I will say though, it takes FOREVER for the temperature of the battery pack to go down after a QC. Most of the time, if I gain a temp bar it takes until the next day to go away. Sitting for hours in the shade still doesn't bring it back down, even if ambient temperature is lower the the bar reading. That, to me, is more frustrating that anything else. It shows how poor the pack is on heat dissipation. In fact, it holds heat extremely well (bleh), which would help in cold climates, but hinder in warmer climates.

My car is at Nissan of McKinney today for numerous software updates, including the latest one P3227. I took a couple of screenshots using the Leaf Battery App right before I went inside to speak to the service guys, so I'll use them as comparison for any changes that result. Will post all pictures after I get the car back later this evening.

Edit: Oh, one more thing... I specifically asked them to NOT charge my car to 100%. We'll see if they abide by my request.

My friend's 2013 Leaf that was leased in March, has been with Nissan of McKinney service for 4 weeks now for an AC problem. Apparently even an AC problem needs a Leaf tech to be flown and parts to be sourced in. He is now driving a Rouge and hates it.

uggh that sucks about the leaf problem. I am guessing it was some issue that was totally new and no one knew what to do about it so engineers had to be flown in.

On a different note, I had a co-work drop by the new Blink QC and he confirmed both the QC and Level 2's are not turned on yet. In fact, he commented that they looked like they had been there awhile but never turned on/finished up. Makes me wonder if they built them but ran into permit issues or getting electricity to the units.

I have a question about the eVgo station in Coppell off Denton Tap Road. It used to show up on Plugshare but now it is gone. I was wondering if something happened to it? I haven't had a chance to drive out there to take a look. I did use it a month or so ago.

I was told today that Bankston (now AutoNation) Dallas has lost their Leaf certification and can no longer service the Leaf. Since we need to take ours in for the software update, what's another good service center in the area?

dfwcre8tive said:
I was told today that Bankston (now AutoNation) Dallas has lost their Leaf certification and can no longer service the Leaf. Since we need to take ours in for the software update, what's another good service center in the area?

Wow, that is disturbing news. Did they say why?

dfwcre8tive said:

I just had my update done a few days ago at Don Davis Nissan in Arlington. So I know they are obviously capable of doing it. Not sure how far that is from you.

dfwcre8tive said:

I had mine done today @Nissan of McKinney; did the brake fluid flush as well. Screen shots of LeafDD to come in a couple of days (in another thread).
Guess we won't be having our Leaf reunion @Bankston/Autonation next year :(

Here's my post about the results of my P3227 update: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13273&p=309333#p309333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so it appears it just evened out.

I will say on my car everything is more or less back to normal (its old lower range self) with a few exceptions:

1) When I received the small "higher range" boost, my charging time monitor (in the center of the dash display) had extreme erronious numbers. I get to work and it takes me 2 hours to charge, plus or minus a couple of minutes (usually a few minutes before 2 hours). The charging timing will usually say 2-2:30 hours needed, so only about 30 minutes off at most. I was easily hitting 3:00 and one time 3:30 hours showing depsite it needing, again, only 2 hours. The numbers have subsided, but I am still off by 30 minutes or more. I hit 2:30 too easily, and sometimes 3:00 still.

2) GOM seems more inaccurate than previously. It regulary shows 70-75 when I know I get only 65ish. Before the update it would show in the upper 60's.

3) Carwings app is WAY off on GOM from the car being more optamistic. I know its a difference in the way its calculated, but they are fairly close, usually within a few miles give or take. Now its ~5-10 miles more than the car's GOM after the update. It makes it difficult when you turn CC to precool and see 75-80+ range and jump in the car with it saying 68. Big difference.

Despite these instrumental errors, the range has now settled back to its normal self with no additional boost like it was previously. It makes me wonder if the recalibriation messed stuff up and the car had to "relearn" its capacity back all over again and readjust the fuel bars and GOM.

Back