Delivery of May 2011 Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KeithFrechette said:
But those backseat headrests are murder on rear visibility. (And I don't mean babe-watching while cruising the Fort Lauderdale strip during spring break.) They kind of make the rear-view camera mandatory!

Have to agree that the rear passenger headrests are just awful for rear mirror visibility. Since I rarely carry anyone in the backseat, I removed them and stowed them away. It would be nice if we could have the smaller headrests that are available on the European LEAFs.

waitingforaleaf said:
KeithFrechette said:
But those backseat headrests are murder on rear visibility. (And I don't mean babe-watching while cruising the Fort Lauderdale strip during spring break.) They kind of make the rear-view camera mandatory!

Have to agree that the rear passenger headrests are just awful for rear mirror visibility. Since I rarely carry anyone in the backseat, I removed them and stowed them away. It would be nice if we could have the smaller headrests that are available on the European LEAFs.

Is removal/reinsertion of headrests an easy thing? I will totally be doing that if it is!

Got the call!
Heading out to pickup my Leaf!
It will be a 77 mile drive over a mountain pass with a climb of about 4000 ft.
Overall elevation distance is a little less than 3000 ft so there will be some regen.
I am very nervous and will be by myself.
Wish me luck....I will report..
Shelley

kmp647 said:
Has anyone taken delivery of a Leaf with the cold weather package yet?

this would have to be a late order, like may 2011

I WISH......Was November now somewhere between December 1st and the 31st after I dropped my original dealer option due to their uncooperative approach. Who knows?

I wish I could get some information as to where the car is in relationship to build/delivery …you know "Hi Steve we just put on the wheels or we installed the stupid cold weather package or we loaded in the container ETD Japan, ETA Florida".

Amazing how anxious I am to get the car, it is unlike any other car I have wanted to buy (apart from the Buggatti) I hope it is going to be worth the wait and I can give all those non believers the finger when I don’t run out of gas……………. no sorry electricity

shelleyb07 said:
kmp647 said:

Mine has the cold weather package.
Sitting at the dealer now....haven't set my eyes on my car yet....paperwork :(

Mine has the Cold Weather package too! Guess we're twins! Mine is Black, should be at the dealer any day now...

Very nice!

I was reading the manual about the heated steering wheel, if you pre heat the cabin and outside temp is below 50F it automatically heats the steering wheel

Made it home with my new Leaf.
I bought it at Lithia Nissan in Medford and they were a pleasure to work with. Started at about 1:00 and was on the road at 3:10. It was a 77 mile mountainous drive & I made it with no stops and 8 miles flashing with one bar when I pulled into my garage! Looking forward to taking it around town tomorrow.
Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks here! Learning about regen and the best speed to drive really did help me get home!
Happy driving!
Shelley

shelleyb07 said:
I bought it at Lithia Nissan in Medford and they were a pleasure to work with. Started at about 1:00 and was on the road at 3:10. It was a 77 mile mountainous drive & I made it with no stops and 8 miles flashing with one bar when I pulled into my garage! Looking forward to taking it around town tomorrow.
Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks here! Learning about regen and the best speed to drive really did help me get home!
Bully for you, Shelley.

I've traveled that route in an ICE, and don't think I would have had the guts to make it my first LEAF run. You did, it worked, good for you.

Bill

Great!! :D

shelleyb07 said:
Happy driving!
Shelley

matth said:
Mine showed up yesterday at North Bay Nissan. Wanted to get it today, but wasn't practical, so we'll pick it up Saturday, stop at an art opening in San Rafael, and then home!

Got it as promised, and everything went smoothly. No pressure (except a little BS about how the dealer loses $$ on each Leaf sold).

I wavered on the extended warranty. I had a 7 year one on my (now 7 year old) Prius, which I used twice. I probably overpaid for that one. That influenced me to say no at first (even had the contract printed). They said that the cost had gone up $600 but were honoring the old price (if true, that would have almost doubled it). They also said the extended warranty was through Nissan, and that there are no third party warranties. Not sure I believe it, but I've seen no discussions of that here, so it's plausible.

I had less than 50 miles for my trip home, so I had fun with it, rather than trying to extend the range. It is fun.

The nav was on and I didn't take the time to turn it off. That's one thing I'm not impressed by--the maps start with the wrong level of detail, and when I was a block from my house, it announce that I'd reached my destination. My phone is way more accurate than that.

Now that we finally got some sun--it was all rain since I picked up my LEAF last Friday--I decided to give my LEAF its first bath. As it dried and I could finally see it shine in the sun, I noticed the "blue flecks" that others had mentioned on this forum. At least for me, they're only visible at very close range and when the light hits it just right. It's certainly not enough to bother me, but I let my dealer know because I'm leasing the vehicle and want to make sure that it's recorded as having been delivered that way.

shelleyb07 said:
kmp647 said:

Mine has the cold weather package.
Sitting at the dealer now....haven't set my eyes on my car yet....paperwork :(

How did you guys get the cold weather package? I thought that was a 2012 option? I'm about to get my SL at the end of this month but I believe it will still be a 2011 model. I ordered at the end of May.

Cold weather package was an available upgrade for $790-990 extra I think. I tried to upgrade mine but called too late, Julyish. I didn't know about it until I joined here. Kinda glad I didn't get it. Since I park in the garage, the only time it would be nice is on the coldest winter days. I'm always wearing warm clothes and a jacket so it's not much of an issue and I'm glad my payment is a bit lower.
Delivery date just moved up one day to week of Oct.13th...

My dash says "Week of Sept. 30." I chatted with customer service. They told me it shows as in the dealer's stock. So it's either there, or almost there. I emailed the dealer and he called me and told me it arrived today. I am scheduled to pick it up first thing Saturday. So excited for my 60 mile drive home! Wife and I will debate who drives it home ;-)

Back