Delivery of May 2011 Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:p Just picked up mine yesterday at Boardwalk Nissan, everything went smoothly except a little hiccup (not going into details) but Melina was fabulous and make everything as smoothly as possible, she gave superb customer services and very considerate, no pressure at all. And thanks to Brendan Dolan for all his help with the transaction. Will highly recommend them for anyone buying an Nissan :D, great team.

I am still showing week of September 13. My dealer is supposed to be checking status today, but I have yet to hear from him.

Bill

Mine showed up yesterday at North Bay Nissan. Wanted to get it today, but wasn't practical, so we'll pick it up Saturday, stop at an art opening in San Rafael, and then home!

matth said:
Mine showed up yesterday at North Bay Nissan. Wanted to get it today, but wasn't practical, so we'll pick it up Saturday, stop at an art opening in San Rafael, and then home!

Very cool. Had your dashboard been predicting this week or is this early?

Mine is coming to North Bay Nissan as well, but isn't scheduled until the end of the month (Sept. 30).

Paul, apparently, is a very slow talker... :lol:

Though, I do have to admit that we did spent about three hours going over ours when we picked it up at Fontana...

tps said:
LittleChap said:
Santa Monica Nissan's Paul Scott spent about 5 hours with me going over the car and the paperwork
5 hours? Can you give some idea of how much time was spent doing what?

EricBayArea said:
matth said:

Very cool. Had your dashboard been predicting this week or is this early?

Mine is coming to North Bay Nissan as well, but isn't scheduled until the end of the month (Sept. 30).

My dashboard had been swinging from "week of Sept. 9" to " week of Sept. 14" and back. It was back to Sept. 9 as of late last week.

KeithFrechette said:
My dealer (in Bellevue) said he received 4 LEAFs over the weekend and is scheduled to receive at least 10 more this week.
We've been visualizing a north-bound train snaking through the mountains to Washington and are rooting for a surprise delivery in Bellevue this weekend! It would be interesting to learn how long it takes to distribute and deliver a ship's load of Leafs. . .

Paul's anything but a slow talker ... he was very thorough in going over the car, and after that, I decided to have a little work done on the car. I took Paul to lunch nearby (Babalu in Santa Monica) and we continued talking about all sorts of things. He's a longtime advocate of the EV, and promoting events to support infrastructure growth. He's an absolute delight, and I recommend him and Santa Monica Nissan to any potential buyers.

TomT said:
Paul, apparently, is a very slow talker... :lol:

Though, I do have to admit that we did spent about three hours going over ours when we picked it up at Fontana...

tps said:
LittleChap said:
Santa Monica Nissan's Paul Scott spent about 5 hours with me going over the car and the paperwork
5 hours? Can you give some idea of how much time was spent doing what?

HighDesertDriver said:
KeithFrechette said:
My dealer (in Bellevue) said he received 4 LEAFs over the weekend and is scheduled to receive at least 10 more this week.
We've been visualizing a north-bound train snaking through the mountains to Washington and are rooting for a surprise delivery in Bellevue this weekend! It would be interesting to learn how long it takes to distribute and deliver a ship's load of Leafs. . .

Well, no love yet. :| My ETA is still "Week of September 13th, 2011". Both customer support and the dealer were confident that "week of" would translated "by", but obviously that didn't happen. The dealer doesn't know where it is, other than that it must be on a truck.

I guess there are still a few more hours of possibility today.

Hang in there, Keith. Tuesday my dealer had no idea where my car was, but I have a 5 PM appointment today to pick it up.

In the garage at 6:30. Well, that's a lie - in the driveway - want to make sure the neighbors see it. :twisted:

Tomorrow an ICE comes out of the garage, the LEAF goes in.

Bill

Mine has swung from Week of Sept 30th to Week of Sept 23rd to Week of Sept 20th, we'll see what it updates to next?!

My rep @ the dealership has yet to reach out to me though... :/

twbaker said:
Mine has swung from Week of Sept 30th to Week of Sept 23rd to Week of Sept 20th, we'll see what it updates to next?!

My rep @ the dealership has yet to reach out to me though... :/
Mine must be tagging along with yours as I have the exact same swing with the dates! I am in Southern Oregon and now really hoping for next week....."excitement mounts"

shelleyb07 said:
Mine must be tagging along with yours as I have the exact same swing with the dates! I am in Southern Oregon and now really hoping for next week....."excitement mounts"

Yeah, the only thing that annoys me is that my survey from ETEC (actually Cherry City Electric) for the Blink EVSE was just done earlier this week, mostly because at the time of my scheduling my LEAF wasn't due until the end of the month. Hopefully they've got a decent turn around time to getting the thing installed. It's not their fault that the LEAF is showing up early, alas, we'll see how it all pans out! =P

Just got a call from the dealer. My car just got off the truck! :D Four days early. :D Be still my heart. Have a 9:30am appt tomorrow. :D

Yesterday talked to CS and was told it was still in Long Beach and that it wouldn't be on a train headed north until my "w/o" date. The way he was giving me info I didn't really believe what he was telling me. Guess my gut was right. So beware of what CS is telling you when you are very close to your delivery date.

Just received a call from our PD that our car has arrived. However, he noticed that there were some paint issues, such as small bluish paint drops apparently over the basecoat but under the clearcoat. They appear lightly throughout various panels (mostly hood). They are not noticeable in the shade and but mostly in direct sun. He is trying to contact Nissan to discuss.

Do any of you that ordered in May 2011 and have already received your cars notice any similar paint 'specks'? I recall a few of the early 1st wave owners having this issue. So, this may be similar to then? I have not seen the car yet to inspect myself. So, I haven't seen for myself how widespread/noticeable the specks are. :roll:

JPVLeaf said:
Just received a call from our PD that our car has arrived. However, he noticed that there were some paint issues, such as small bluish paint drops apparently over the basecoat but under the clearcoat. They appear lightly throughout various panels (mostly hood). They are not noticeable in the shade and but mostly in direct sun. He is trying to contact Nissan to discuss.

Do any of you that ordered in May 2011 and have already received your cars notice any similar paint 'specks'? I recall a few of the early 1st wave owners having this issue. So, this may be similar to then? I have not seen the car yet to inspect myself. So, don't know how widespread/noticeable the specks are. :roll:

wonder what is the car color, sure is not blue?

Don't see any paint specks on my car, and I paid pretty close attention for any exterior imperfections after reading about the pollen cars that were delivered earlier this year.

:p Finally! I got the "your LEAF is here" email from my dealer yesterday while I was doing an environmental community service project. (Must have racked up some good Karma points!) Oh, what a sweet ride. :) But those backseat headrests are murder on rear visibility. (And I don't mean babe-watching while cruising the Fort Lauderdale strip during spring break.) They kind of make the rear-view camera mandatory!

So now I can finally do all the LEAF experiements that I've been contemplating for the last few months! :mrgreen:

Back