Dealer offer for a 2014 SL with 2013 SV trade-in

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatcat73

Received a call today from a local dealer trying to get me to upgrade my 2013 SV to a 2014 SL. As they're 5 min away I stopped by.

+$32,000 for new 2014 SL with Bose/camera (premium package)
-$17,000 trade-in for my 2013 SV (base-no options); 21,000 miles; purchased 3/2013
=$15,000 purchase
+$1,312.50 tax @8.75%
=$16,312.50 (not including doc prep/dealer fees)

subtract
-$7,500 Fed (8 month wait to recover)
-$3,740 IL State Credit (4 month wait to recover)

=$5,072 Final (+ doc fees)

I didn't see the value in the upgrades from an SV to an SL. Sure a fresh warranty and mileage reset was somewhat compelling. If anything I'd place $1000 value on that to make the switch. The QC port would be nice, however is very limited where I live. My traction battery is hovering around AHr 66; 100% SOH. On top of the features, I would have to float the gov credits until tax season. Lastly I prefer to keep the ability to charge to 80% option.

In the end I decided to pass on it. Perhaps if Nissan increases the incentives I'd be compelled further, but not today.

I'd do something like that to trade from my s to an sv (with CHAdeMO). But I dont know any reason to go for the deal you described.

Since the SL with premium is $4k+ more than the SV with w/o charge package, could you get the same trade value and get an SV with no options (same model you have now) for only $1k net and a new warranty and battery? That would would be a sweet deal. Note that if you are financing your car now at higher than 0%, you'd save money there too. And because there is 0% financing, the fact you have to wait for government rebates should be a non issue. Just a thought.

Back