Current colors to avoid in ordering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CampbellNelson said:
confirmed!!! do not order red or blue. some orders can still be changed.. Check your dashboard.
I got a call from Nissan customer service earlier this week saying my January order for a red SL-e would be delayed by 4-5 weeks and offered to change the color to black to avoid the additional delay.

evnow said:
Wow - this is going to be a tough decision to make for a lot of people.

I can understand waiting to get the color you want when spending this kind of money. The problem, due to how things have been recently, there is no way to tell when these colors will become available. a 4 to 6 weeks wait could get a lot longer. The factory that produces the paint is no longer ;(

CampbellNelson said:
The factory that produces the paint is no longer ;(
Yikes. Too bad because the blue is awesome, I get lots of compliments on the color. Hope they can find a new supplier soon - it's just paint after all.

CampbellNelson said:
evnow said:

I can understand waiting to get the color you want when spending this kind of money. The problem, due to how things have been recently, there is no way to tell when these colors will become available. a 4 to 6 weeks wait could get a lot longer. The factory that produces the paint is no longer ;(

Does this mean that my Blue Ocean Leaf, like all the beanie babies I have stored in my attic, will be a collectible?

Bud said:
CampbellNelson said:
evnow said:

Does this mean that my Blue Ocean Leaf, like all the beanie babies I have stored in my attic, will be a collectible?

only if you store it in the attic ;)

Are you expecting/have you received any LEAF shipments recently at Campbell-Nelson? I have a 5/5 delivery week, so am very excited.

uwskier20 said:
Are you expecting/have you received any LEAF shipments recently at Campbell-Nelson? I have a 5/5 delivery week, so am very excited.

We have received a few so far (9 total) which were all supposed to be April cars ( no where close to what we should have by now). We do have another 25 or so with a May ETA but it keeps changing all the time. The only real ETA is when we get a confirmed "rail ship date". That is when the car is on rail from LA to Portland. delivery to us is always within 12-14 days from that date.

UhClem said:
CampbellNelson said:
confirmed!!! do not order red or blue. some orders can still be changed.. Check your dashboard.
I got a call from Nissan customer service earlier this week saying my January order for a red SL-e would be delayed by 4-5 weeks and offered to change the color to black to avoid the additional delay.

My order was SL-QP in ocean blue. My ETD is in July, but I did not get any call from CS about this issue.
Waiting another 4-6 wks in CA might reduce the chance to get 5K refund.
Good luck for everyone!

uwskier20 said:

On my way back from a late lunch today, I saw a truckload of LEAFs headed north on I-5 past Northgate. If one of those was your car, I waved to it from the overpass for you. (No clue if they were headed to Campbell-Nelson or a different dealer north of here, though.)

Packet said:
uwskier20 said:

On my way back from a late lunch today, I saw a truckload of LEAFs headed north on I-5 past Northgate. If one of those was your car, I waved to it from the overpass for you. (No clue if they were headed to Campbell-Nelson or a different dealer north of here, though.)

they were ours ;)

CampbellNelson said:
Packet said:

they were ours ;)

I figured that might be the case! I look forward to the day when I again see a truck carrying LEAFs your way, but with a black one earmarked for me. :)

Bud said:
CampbellNelson said:
evnow said:

I'm gonna go wax mine right away, and drive it even more carefully. Besides being blue, I have my collection of mint quality Star Wars figures stored in the trunk. Anyone want to make me an offer for the package? Opening bids need to be in the $85k region. :lol:

Am I the only person who thinks the blue on the delivered cars is much darker than the blue in the ads? I was in love with the light blue, and ordered that color. But as people began posting photos of their blue leafs, I realized I wasn't that crazy about what I call the "new blue." It isn't bad, but it doesn't grab me like the light blue did.

I have since changed to white.

leafkabob said:
Am I the only person who thinks the blue on the delivered cars is much darker than the blue in the ads? I was in love with the light blue, and ordered that color. But as people began posting photos of their blue leafs, I realized I wasn't that crazy about what I call the "new blue." It isn't bad, but it doesn't grab me like the light blue did.

I have since changed to white.

I was just the opposite. I wasn't impressed at all with the very light blue on the early tour cars. But when I saw the production blue color at the first drive event, I was positively giddy with happiness (you don't want to see me like that, BTW, it's annoying).

I do think that the blue is over exposed, being one of the most popular colors, but I'm very pleased with the color after living with it for a month. It looks good in sunlight, with a nice metallic sparkle, and also nice in flat light. And it doesn't show dust and road grime as much as the lighter colors do.

That's funny Boomer. Worked out great for you. I don't think I have heard any of the other blue owners say they preferred the light blue, so it must be me. ;)

Back