considering a 2 Leaf household - Leaf 2 Home?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braineo

Found another 2011 orphan at a very, very good price considering the tax $12,500 credits for my state (GA) - about $10k including tax and tag after credits for a SL model with 200 miles. Now my thrifty plan would work fantastically if I could get a subsidized by my power utility a Leaf 2 Home connection to power my home during the Summer when my TOU rates go to over 0.24 per KWH. Then my wife's car can power the home when she is there and shut off most consumption if she is driving her car. Anyone knows the status of Leaf 2 Home in the US?

Another plan would be to add grid tie solar. If your TOU peak rate is primarily during daylight like mine, a 1kW PV system works nicely. In GA you use more air conditioning (former resident of Lilburn) I'd maybe go with 2kW or more. Still cheaper than a Leaf. Added benefit of PV is it will reduce attic temps due to shading. If you don't have a timer on your hot water heater, get one, and consider solar hot water, it should provide 100% of your hot water needs from about April thru November. Combined system still cheaper than a Leaf, and longer lifespan. It would be hard to pass on a $10k Leaf though. I don't know that I've seen Leaf 2 Home available in the states as of yet.

Back