clicking while starting to move

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey

I have noticed this before, but it tended to be pretty rare, but now that the weather is nicer and my windows are down more, its seems to be happening more often.

When taking off from a stop, I will, sometimes, hear a click, like a switch being flipped. It seems like it is coming from the drivers side , in the back of all places.

Sometimes I can start and stop the car and will hear it with every stop, then I can drive 15 miles and not hear it once. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

jlv said:

I am the one who started the referenced thread, and yes, it was resolved. There is a TSB for it, and it is a known issue. The TSB is in the thread. You will want to take your car in and have it serviced, It was easy. They grease some axle joints. I had it done way back when and the car has been silent since.

When taking off from a stop, I will, sometimes, hear a click, like a switch being flipped. It seems like it is coming from the drivers side , in the back of all places.

If you are only hearing a single CLICK when starting up and accelerating past 15 mph, it is the automatic electric door locks engaging. This happens on my 2011 everytime I startup and go. I believe it is addressed in the owner's manual and may be programmable.

There are new parts needs to be replaced,check this post http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dndrich said:
jlv said:

I am the one who started the referenced thread, and yes, it was resolved. There is a TSB for it, and it is a known issue. The TSB is in the thread. You will want to take your car in and have it serviced, It was easy. They grease some axle joints. I had it done way back when and the car has been silent since.

Had to look up TSB, good to know that I can just tell them to look it up.

Have it scheduled to go in Monday.

Back