CharJit card?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledge

I happened across a of level-3 charger in Chicago today, checked 350green's website and sure enough it's theirs. Only problem is that I cannot seem to figure out how to buy a CharJit/350Green card so I can use this station. There are lots of references to 350green.com/card on the web but that doesn't seem to work.

Anybody know where I can get a card that will work on this CharJit station?

Email them?

Contact-US-eye.jpg

Yeah, that just seems kinda silly and all. Considering the sheer number of charging stations these guys have installed, you would think the company would make a better effort at sales than having people email them,

^^^
Yeah, no kidding. This is the first time I've visited their web page and it's pretty amateurish. There so little useful info there. Seems full of vague random fluff.

I couldn't find anything about how to get a card either and there's nothing about pricing other than this nugget:
Pricing Plans

350Green offers a range of simple, convenient payment plans that allow EV drivers to have instant access to charging from the moment they buy their vehicle. Account holders can either pay by the charge or by the month, depending on their expected levels of use, and can use any of the 350Green stations in the local, national or global network.
Weird.

I have a charjit card. Once you email them they will get back to you with all the info. I don't remember if its a card that you initially deposit $25 on it. I never use it. Charge point seems to be leading the pack everywhere I go.

Thanks guys! I'm going to give them a buzz tomorrow to see what's up.

I was able to dig up some articles from several months ago that seemed to indicate that 350green was having troubles making good on its commitments (read: ran out of money). If that was the case however, you'd think they would make it easier for people to give them revenue. Sadly a lot of these green startups seem to be fly-by-night operations that string the public along only long enough to milk the taxpayers dry. I hope that this is not the case with 350green...

350Green was near death, and Car Charging Inc is attempting to pick up the pieces.

The card for the Quick Chargers, when it was available, needed to be loaded with $21 beforehand.... which paid for three 30 minute quick charge sessions.

Strange business model. It's almost like, "pssst. hey I know a guy...." :?

With chargepoint you roll up to a station and you can get a charge even if you never heard of them before. You just call the 800 number they collect your info, activate the station and send you your card in the mail. Pretty obvious way to go about things.

You discover a station and it's "email us"? Are they frakking serious?

As mentioned earlier, they had a form to get a card when they were at least pretending to be viable... but post-coma, they've removed the form.

Just an FYI to fellow Chicago LEAFers... I emailed them early Monday morning and have yet to hear back. I'm guessing these guys skipped town once the city coffers ran dry.

There's one, Level 3, in the Whole Foods Parking lot in Northbrook, IL

I called, ( about 2 weeks ago,) the # on the machine, (855-350-4733, ) got an answering machine requesting my # for a call back, (left it,) but have not heard from them.

I nearly got stuck in chicago the other night. Not enough juice to get home and didn't want to wait 5 hours to recharge. I was really hoping to use one of the fast charging stations at whole foods but the phone number on the charger was disconnected. Too bad. Chargepoint is definately a more legitimate service. Hope they will start rolling out level 3 charging stations soon.

I was at whole foods in downtown chicago. Not sure what neighborhood it was in. But not the location on Huron. The one at huron also has a fast charge station but it appeared to have no power available. The other downtown location looked to be working but the phone number on the charger didn't work.
greengate said:
Are you referring to the level 3 charger at the WFM in Northbrook?

One of the ChargePoint chargers, (#2,) is now working in the parking lot that's located in front of WFM in Northbrook. The other one is out of order. (I've reported it 3 times as such and they "will issue a trouble ticket" on it, they say.)

The L3 might work, but I have not been able to get a charge card for it. 350 green seems to have gone out of business and the "new" owners haven't responded to my requests for a card..so it just sits there, poor thing, all dressed up with nowhere to go.

hd172 said:
I have a charjit card. Once you email them they will get back to you with all the info. I don't remember if its a card that you initially deposit $25 on it. I never use it. Charge point seems to be leading the pack everywhere I go.

Would you be willing to give your card up to someone who might use it in Chicago since we are seeming to have trouble obtaining them here? PM me, I'm a soon to be new LEAF driver!

djkjmuoh said:
hd172 said:

Would you be willing to give your card up to someone who might use it in Chicago since we are seeming to have trouble obtaining them here? PM me, I'm a soon to be new LEAF driver!

There's an L3 350Green in Palo Alto, CA at the Stanford Shopping Center, and we have the same problem over here... no info, no cards, no nothing. I suppose this is the inevitable result of fly-by-night charging operations, but you'd think Chargepoint would just buy all the chargers cheap from the company if it's bankrupt. If anyone knows anything about this charger and how to get it to work, please post.

JG

barsad22 said:
djkjmuoh said:
hd172 said:

There's an L3 350Green in Palo Alto, CA at the Stanford Shopping Center, and we have the same problem over here... no info, no cards, no nothing. I suppose this is the inevitable result of fly-by-night charging operations, but you'd think Chargepoint would just buy all the chargers cheap from the company if it's bankrupt. If anyone knows anything about this charger and how to get it to work, please post.

JG

Carcharging.com bought that sh-t company a few months ago and has taken over, slowly, issuing cards that supposedly work on the 'charjit' chademo machines. Contact them for a card. Chicago has a bunch of these L3 chargers and a significant percentage are still shut off. All I have seen are not free, either and are pretty costly. None seem to be free, city owned units but perhaps I missed one. 350green hosed everyone. Hopefully carcharging.com will fix the whole mess.

I thought I would post the e-mail below from the CarCharging.com marketing director... it appears that the old 350green chargers are bricks until they decide to issue new Charjit cards (the tone of her e-mail makes me think it may never happen, but you never know). You can contact evCharge <[email protected]> to ask them to get on the list for future Charjit card issuing.
I was hoping their "evCharge cards" would be programmed to work on the Charjits, but no. The evCharge cards only work on Chargepoints... which begs the question, why would you ever want one if you already have a Chargepoint card? I asked Suzanne, the marketing director, and apparently the benefit is the charging per kwh instead of time, and that they will offer subscription plans in the future, too. Probably not enough of a benefit to have 5 different charging cards in your car... this charging station chaos makes me wish for a monopoly or some government-run entity with one standard.

Best,
JG

-----
Dear xxx,
Thank you for contacting us. We recently acquired 350Green and are diligently working to determine the status of their stations. It is our understanding that the station at the Stanford Shopping Mall in Palo Alto is currently operational. However, to initiate a charging session, a CharJit card is required and at this time, we are not able to provide new cards. We can certainly add your name to our files and notify you as soon as we can issue new cards.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Suzanne Tamargo
Director of Marketing & Public Relations

1691 Michigan Ave., Ste 601
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Office: (305) 521-0200
Fax: (305) 521-0201
http://www.CarCharging.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back