Charging at SFO

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhmPah

I live about 40 miles from SFO, just a little too far to make it there and back on one charge. For those that have used one of the electrical outlets in long term parking, should I be concerned about finding an available outlet? My return flight gets back at 10 PM and I really don't relish the thought of charging my car up after I get back. Is there anything else that I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

OhmPah said:
I live about 40 miles from SFO, just a little too far to make it there and back on one charge. For those that have used one of the electrical outlets in long term parking, should I be concerned about finding an available outlet? My return flight gets back at 10 PM and I really don't relish the thought of charging my car up after I get back. Is there anything else that I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

There are plenty of outlets in the Long term and Lot D lots. I think over 20 spaces overall. If you can't find a space on the 2nd floor in Long term go out to the service lot. On the right by Stop 7 there are 4 spaces without outlets to use.

SFO has stepped up well for Level 1 charging in Long term..

Our new upgrades support user-adjustable amperage, so now the days of having a dead battery while away for long periods are over. You can also use this feature to enable 2 (or even 3) people to share one 20A outlet and still all get a charge. (Albeit slowly!)

-Phil

Back