Charger lock issues

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrell

Hello!

Last week my charger got stuck in my 2018 leaf. I googled online and found that there is a cog thing under the bonnet that you can turn to unlock it.

But it would keep getting stuck and the lock bit would come down when it wasn't plugged in so I'd need to turn the cog to even get the charger in. Pretty annoying and fiddly.

I took it to the dealer and they said that it would need a whole need charge unit which would cost £2000! Which I don't have!

They said they've disabled the lock though so I can just plug it in but it just won't lock, which is ok with me.

Getting home it then seemed to work perfectly. Locking and unlocking correctly, but I've just gone to charge it now and the lock is down again so had to unlocked it under the bonnet and died a little inside.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the locking myself to save me having to go back? Or any other fix it could be rather than paying £2000?!

I don't appear to have the setting under 'EV Settings' to turn of auto locking which i've seen online, nor do I have a button in the car to change the lock settings which i've seen online too.

Thanks!

Back