Charge time estimate not working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsantana

I just got a 2023 Leaf the base tier and was wondering why the charge time estimate is not showing anything

Attachments

• IMG_7791.jpeg
    IMG_7791.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Did you have the key ON or try to start to READY with the charging cable connected?
Is the " ! " warning light [HV warning?] an indication that a DTC has been thrown/stored?

Did you have the key ON or try to start to READY with the charging cable connected?
Is the " ! " warning light [HV warning?] an indication that a DTC has been thrown/stored?
I tried viewing the screen with the charger on and the car not completely on (pressed twice the start button without break pedal)

I tried the charger off with the car completely on.

If I try to connect the charger with the car on it will switch to the on state but not completely on (no break pedal “mode”?)

None of these ways gave me information on this screen.

I’m not sure what a DTC is. Sorry I’m all new to this.

/sarc
i only counted 4 seat belt warning lights! Couldn't they have added more?
/sarc off :ROFLMAO:

i suspect that the car got confused by having the charger ON, and trying to start the car, or turn the "key" to ON.

It may have thrown a code and this may be hindering the estimate function.

Does the car start and drive okay? Give it a little drive test to be sure, then when you stop and turn it OFF, check the estimate screen again before putting in the charger cable.

Last edited:
You're doing everything correctly. We use that screen a lot. The car does have to be on, so turn it on and go to that screen or check that screen before you turn it off. If the problem doesn't clear by itself, you probably have a code that needs to be cleared.

Back