Noisy while charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeedo65

Hello

For the second generation (2018-2023) of Nissan Leaf, there was a recall to update the software recently. It was announced in mid 2023. I took my car yesterday for this update and annual service, and when I took it back home, I plugged the charger and started to charge the car (These days temperature in my area, Helsinki, Finland, is around -6 degrees C based on the Leaf screen and weather forecasts )). Anyways, After 30 seconds of charging with the original slow charger, a noise started from the front of the car. It is like a noisy fan starting to work. I took it back to the dealer and asked them to check it, but, they say that it is normal and some battery heating is happening there.

What I feel is that I never had this experience earlier, so, have you ever had this issue? Is it related to the software update? Or is it a normal functionality which I did not notice earlier? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Zeedo

Only thing I can think of is the charger (and inverter) are liquid cooled and may be you are hearing the coolant pump or coolant moving through the system?
May sure the coolant is full.
May be the update starts the coolant pump when charging rather than wait to detect heat?

Hi, thanks, I will come back to this after two weeks. The battery as I heard does not have cooling or warming up system?! Does it? It is wiered that at this cold temperature, a cooling system gets activated.

Back