Can I plug my Leaf into my Pathfinder?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMYK4Life

My wife leased a Pathfinder SL last month and it has a 'regular plug' inside of it. Could I plug my Leaf into it and charge?

Not that I ever would.... but it is possible?

Curious...

CMYK4Life said:
My wife leased a Pathfinder SL last month and it has a 'regular plug' inside of it. Could I plug my Leaf into it and charge?

Not that I ever would.... but it is possible?

Curious...

Off hand I would doubt that the AC plug you're seeing in any car (other than perhaps a motorhome with a built-in generator) would be rated at enough amps to even trickle charge your LEAF; not something I would even try. Check out your owners manual to see what your AC plug is rated at --- most of these are 'convenience' plugs for charging and/or powering up an iPad or cell phone, not to charge an EV.

CMYK4Life said:
You can plug it in (since the plug fits), but you cannot charge. Your LEAF wants close to 1500W from the plug, but it is likely limited to 50 or 100W.

I suppose it might blow a fuse, but more likely it will just limit the power at the rating specified in the owners manual.

Back